cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jack3
Adept I

New Monitor stuck at 640x480

I have been using my 290x for many years with a dell u2412m over display port. I recently purchased LG 27uk670 and I have been using that over display port for two weeks. I was using Any desk software to remote in my desktop PC from work and I clicked an option to adjust the resolution. The screen went to 640x480 and has been stuck like that since when connected to my 290x. 

When I connect it to the hdmi on the 290x it works fine as normal any resolution. I can connect the monitor to my onboard intel display port and that works fine as well. 

When I uninstall the AMD drivers it works fine at 4k on standard graphics drivers, but of course that is not very good for playing games or 4k videos. 

During the installation of the AMD drivers it goes back to 640x480 every time, with no option to change it. 

I found a software on your forum called custom resolution. I then exported the valid resolution set from the tool from when it was connected without the AMD drivers and import that back in when the amd drivers are there. But the performance is terrible. 

the monitor shows as Generic non-pnp monitor and the LG drivers says that there is no LG monitor detected. If i uninstall the AMD drivers then it detects the monitor as LG. 

You can see in the custom resolution program, when it is detected it has LGGSM5B08 and when not it has PNP09FF

Is there a way I can reset AMD monitor configuration? I don't want to have to send the monitor back over this or reinstall windows. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

do not adjust the resolution with remote desktop, such sessions are set to the client screen the remote is not affected

if you want to change resolution, so so on the local machine before connecting

0 Likes
flashamd
Journeyman III

I have a similar issue. I am using 3 monitors, one of them being a BenQ XL2411P connected via Display Port.

This one always gets set to 640x480 with this being the only available display mode when I update the driver to anything newer than 19.4.1. I have tested pretty much all the versions and as soon as I update to 19.5.x oder even the latest version the monitor gets stuck at 640x480 again.

Everything works ok when I stay at 19.4.1 but this is not a solution because new games for example require the latest driver version.

edit: Graphics card is an RX 580

0 Likes

I tried everything to fix, the custom resolution utility worked as temporary fix. But wasn't as good as the normal profile. 

I was going to send the monitor back but upgraded to a 5700xt and that solved the monitor profile issue. 

I think it is basically the monitor profile is corrupted with that graphics card, which is why it worked fine on display port on the onboard graphics. 

0 Likes