cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Davox
Journeyman III

New GPU won't work on a tv while old one does.

Hey,

I recently bought a rx 580 (msi gaming x) and wanted to install it today. The problem is, my monitor doesn't have a hdmi or dvi port (only vga, its a reallllly old one), so I'm using my tv right now to see if it works and to do some tests.
I used to have a low end nvidia gpu, and I was told to remove all the nvidia drivers with DDU (which I did), install the rx 580 in the pc and then install the amd drivers, but only the gt 710 works in my pc right now. Whenever I put in the rx 580, both the fans and the lights work, but nothing appears on display. I've triple checked the pcie connection and reseated the gpu multiple times. The motherboard "EZ Debug" light shows that the card isn't detected at all even though fans & lights work.

Sorry if that was terribly explained, I'm not english 

Davox_0-1612042822281.gifWhole list of specs:

500gb evo 860 SSD
8gb corsair @2400mhz
i5 10400
msi b460m-a pro
500w thermaltake psu
msi rx 580 gaming x 4gb
nzxt h510

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies
korinogaro
Adept III

So your old GPU still works?

0 Likes

Yep, correct

0 Likes

Unplug your PC from the power, remove CMOS battery for ~1minute, put it back agin (it will completely reset your bios and all setting), put AMD card and check if it gets detected.

0 Likes

And just to make sure, all I need to do to remove it is to force a bit with something?

0 Likes

There is a small... clip holding the battery in the place, you need to push it and then remove battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qni3cDeIoRc
3:12 instruction.

0 Likes

Nope, still doesn't work...

0 Likes

I understand that it is still not detected?

0 Likes

Yep, the led on the motherboard still says that the card isnt being detected

0 Likes

Well if you have a chance than I would put it in different machine (member of family, friend or something). But if it was not weirdness from BIOS and it is not detected by MOBO and other card works I think you will need to RMA this card. Something is probably damaged on the GPU, MOBO gets enough to know that it should send power to PCI-E but not enough to initiate device.

0 Likes