Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

west
Adept II

New GPU RX 6600 May Not Be Properly Seated In the PCI Express Slot

Hello,

I've just installed Sapphire RX 6600 (Lite Edition). My motherboard is MSI B450 Tomahawk.

I am not sure if the GPU is fully inserted in the motherboard slot. The same thing happened when I was installing my previous GPU, though nothing had changed since I installed it back then, and I was able to use it till now, without a problem.

The thing is that when I insert the RX 6600 there is no clicking sound and the plastic latch on the motherboard does not click back when I insert the video card ( I made sure the latch was pressed down beforehand). So, after inserting the new GPU I moved up the plastic latch manually. I am writing from the same PC the new graphics card is installed on. As I said, exact same thing happened with my previous GPU and I had to manually pull the plastic latch.

I am just worried that the card, though still working, may not be fully inserted, thus leading to problems. And I don't want to press too much, so I don't break the GPU.

Is there anything I can check to make sure the card is actually fully and not partially inserted?

I'd appreciate your help with that.

0 Likes
1 Reply
west
Adept II

I've managed to deal with it, thus no help is needed.

0 Likes