Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Benjywazere
Journeyman III

New Gpu and having some issues

Hello there,

I just bought a 6600 rx xt graphics card for my rig, however I encounted a issue atm.

When I set the my monitor refresh rate to 144mhz (for some reason I cannot set it to 164 hz??) which is the max refresh rate I can set it to for some reason and when try and play games, after a few seconds of gaming my monitor goes black and comes back to normal, this does this through-out the game.

This is my PC specs below -

750wat psu

i7 4790k - turbo 4.7 ghz

corsair vegence - 4x sticks @ 2.4 ghz

6600 RX XT - 8gigg <--- 2 weeks old.

ASUS TUF VG279QR 27 Inch 165Hz FHD Gaming Monitor.

All drivers are up to date.

I turned down my refresh rate down to 85 hz which fixes it but anything higher the random black screen appears.

Hope I don`t sound like a idiot or summit but everything is installed correctly all screws are freshly tightened and everything got reseated and runs flawsley but that issue persists.

JTM (just to mention) My old gpu ran it with no issues and that was a 980 gtx evga... Go figure..

0 Likes
3 Replies
sebakke
Adept I

This is just a guess based upon black screen behavior seen in some games.  Have you tried disabling "Radeon Image Sharpening" in the AMD Radeon Software settings?  This was the cause of some specific games to have black screen problems.  Since yours seems dependent on refresh, it's possible that it's unrelated, but worth a shot.

vialli100
Forerunner

Hi,

I see your monitor is G-sync, your AMD GPU is Freesync..

I don't know but am guessing there maybe a setting on your monitor for G-sync, if it's turned on maybe it could interfere with the refresh rate..

On my freesync monitor there is a setting to turn freesync on/off.. have a look at the monitor settings OSD..

Just a thought..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Thank you for your replys and help. I will try these and again thank you for your help! (:

0 Likes