Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

larrybird
Journeyman III

New computer keeps crashing, Ryzen + 5700

Hey guys, 

Im having some problems with my new computer that I bought premade. The screen will randomly turn black and the monitor disconnects. The only way to get back to it is to force a restart manually. This has happened while playing games, but also while random desktop business. It seems to me that its and issue with the gpu but I dont know that much about theese kinds of things so maybe someone here knows. I have the RX 5700 in combination with Ryzen 3600. 

Ive checked all the drivers and also yesterday done a ddu removing the gpu driver and making a fresh install. Stilling happens. Its very unfrequent tho. Sometimes I can go for hours playing, other times it happens 3 times in half hour. 

My full build consists of.

Corsair TX550M, 550W PSU

ATX 12V v2-4, 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular, 6+2-pin PCIe, 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Socket-AM4, 6-Core, 12-Thread, 3.6/4.2GHz, 65W, 7nm, tray, 

Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700

Skjermkort, PCI-Express 4.0, 8GB GDDR6, Navi

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4

Hovedkort, ATX, B450, DDR4, 2x PCIe-x16, 2x M.2, USB 3.1, SupremeFX, Aura Sync,

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB

2x8GB DDR4 2933MHz (PC4-23400) CL19 XMP 2.0,

Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD SSD

M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe, 3D NAND, up to 2200/2000MB/s, 600TBW

Windows 10 Home

Nordic + English

Hope we can sort this out =)

3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Some motherboards are having trouble with 3000 series processors. Make sure BIOS is up to date. You can ask AMD that. Is the motherboard suitable? https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 
In addition, your system consumes around 400W at full load. This power can not be provided by a 550W PSU properly.

0 Likes
mack0y
Elite

Join the club here.

0 Likes
rctpavuk
Journeyman III

you should be ok on power.
I'd suggest reading through event viewer log under system and application. sometimes it will point to something that's broken.
also try toggling on\off freesync and vsync. those are giving me headache at the moment.

a shot in the dark, but try re-seating cpu\ram\gpu as well.

0 Likes