cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bchen04
Journeyman III

New 6700 XT stuck at 500MHz in Valorant

As some of the other users have reported, I've noticed my game (Valorant) caps at 500MHz giving me a frustrating 100-130 FPS. It looks like I'm using the latest VBIOS from AMD, so there's no option to flash a new version (i.e. Gigabyte, ASRock). So far setting the minimum core frequency to anything higher than 500MHz (i.e. 2400MHz) seems to resolve the clock speed limitations, I'm assuming that's what people are doing to get around the issue at least until some kind of fix comes through? I'm not seeing this issue in other games like CS:GO, so it seems like it's only affects certain titles.

I'm using latest Adrenaline drivers 21.6.1.

System specs:
CPU - Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU - AMD RX 6700 XT
RAM - 32GB 3800MHz DDR4
MB - X570
SSD - 500GB NVMe Gen 4
PSU - 850W

0 Likes
1 Solution
bchen04
Journeyman III

For anyone interested, I was able to resolve the clock speed issues after reformatting my computer and reinstalling the latest 21.6.2 drivers. Not entirely sure why that fixed it, but nonetheless, I’m happy to see my GPU boosting correctly now. I have a hunch it might've been related to the fact that I was upgrading from an older 5000 series and maybe it didn't properly remove the older display drivers/packages?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
bchen04
Journeyman III

For anyone interested, I was able to resolve the clock speed issues after reformatting my computer and reinstalling the latest 21.6.2 drivers. Not entirely sure why that fixed it, but nonetheless, I’m happy to see my GPU boosting correctly now. I have a hunch it might've been related to the fact that I was upgrading from an older 5000 series and maybe it didn't properly remove the older display drivers/packages?

0 Likes

Hi bchen04,

I have exactly the same problem, but I think it's a Valorant issue. Like you, I upgraded and didn't reinstall the OS and Valorant. So, as you did, I have thought that Valorant files settings may be locking your old setup. I'm going to test reinstalling only Valorant and reply.

0 Likes

Yes, Its solve... Just reinstall completly Valorant and it fixed. Remove all data of the game, in folrdes like appdata/local, c:/Riot Etc... And Install again.

0 Likes