cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Chayton
Adept I

New 6600 XT doesn't display 3rd monitor

Just upgraded from a 1060 to a 6600 XT. I was able to run 3 monitors on the 1060 just fine, one monitor using a displayport, one using hdmi, and the other using an hdmi to displayport adapter. After getting my new 6600 XT and installing drivers, it won't display my 3rd monitor. What's interesting though is that if I activate eyefinity, the 3rd monitor then turns on and works, but I just want extended displays and don't want to use eyefinity. Also to note, if I change which monitor uses the hdmi to displayport adapter, it doesn't change anything. The only way to get my 3rd monitor to display normally is if I unplug my second monitor.

Any leads would be great, thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chayton
Adept I

Found a solution! Went to windows settings and tried to duplicate monitor 1 and 3, the third monitor turned on and when I switched back to extend, it worked!

Very odd how this worked, essentially just switching from duplicating the display to extending it worked somehow.

Thank you all for your suggestions

View solution in original post

12 Replies

So I am assuming the third monitor is not showing up in Windows Settings -Display correct?

Is it showing up in Device Manager under "Displays"

Windows Settings -Display is only showing 2 monitors connected.

What is the Make & Model of your DP>HDMI adapter?

Do you get all three monitors if you connect the third straight to a DP video input?

I was thinking that the RX6600XT video DP video outputs might not be completely compatible with your Adapter.  Is that an adapter that is compatible with DP 1.4?

0 Likes

It shows up in device manager, it shows up in windows settings but it's corresponding monitor number is greyed out.

The make and model of the adapter is unmarked, it's a walmart adapter,most likely "Onn".

The third monitor only works if I unplug the second monitor or turn on eyefinity

I'm not entirely sure if it supports DP 1.4 but I just find it odd that the monitor can work it just can't work while the other 2 monitors are connected.

I found another thread of the same issue and the guy said he turned on his pc the next morning and it magically fixed itself so I"m not sure

It doesn't make sense that all three Displays works within Eyefinity but not when Eyefinity is disabled.

Is it possible that Eyefinity is still affecting the GPU card even though it is disabled or not being used?

I wonder if your uninstall Eyefinity if all three will work. 

According to MSI RX6600XT PDF the GPU card suport 4 Displays:

Screenshot 2022-06-08 160045.png

What are the Resolutions of the 3 Monitors?   Even though the above image is from a MSI GPU card the specs should be similar to all RX6600XTs.

0 Likes

Found this Thread from https://linustechtips.com/topic/1004235-how-does-maximum-digital-resolution-work/  that explains what Maximum Digital Resolution means by this one User:

Maximum display resolution is limited by the maximum number of displays supported by the card. In current generation Nvidia cards, this is typically 4. So a max display resolution of 7880 x 4320 means that 2 x 4K (3840 x 2160) or 3 x 2K (2560 x 1440) or 4 x HD (1920 x 1080).

This is why I asked what were the Resolutions of your 3 monitors or Displays.

0 Likes

All 3 monitors are 1920x1080

I'm new to AMD GPU driver software so to my understanding eyefinity just came installed with Adrenalin and I'm just able to turn it on and off

Perhaps maybe installing a different edition of Adrenalin maybe?

0 Likes

I believe Eyefinity is part of all Adrenaline packages. Just need to enable it in Radeon Settings.

Does Device Manager - Monitors show 3 monitors or just 2 monitors?

If it works with Eyefinity but doesn't when Eyefinity is disabled seems to indicate something is in conflict with the AMD driver.

I wonder if you uninstall the AMD driver package would all 3 monitors be recognized and  start working with just the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver?

Before uninstalling the AMD Driver try this to eliminate any 3rd party program that might cause your issue. Booting into a Clean Windows Desktop. Similar to running Safe Mode but during Windows Desktop. Easy to do and undo. Basically is manually disabling all 3rd party startups and drivers EXCEPT Microsoft: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

Once you boot into a Clean Windows see if all 3 monitors are working at the same time. If they are then use the process of elimination by enabling at first 50% of the disabled items.  If only 2 monitors are working then you know it is one of the 50% startups or drivers that you enabled that is causing the issue.

0 Likes

Booted into clean windows, no dice, still no 3rd monitor.

Under device manager, monitors, it shows 3 "Generic PnP Monitor"

I don't have a device manager tab with "displays"

0 Likes

In Device Manager - Display it should show the GPU you have installed with its driver like I have it for mine:

Screenshot 2022-06-08 160045.png

If Device Manager is showing all 3 Monitors than Windows does recognize your third monitor. Are there any errors in Device Manager showing?

I would say try a different converting Monitor Adapter presumably one that is "Acitve " type to see if it works. Or connect a third monitor with the same Video output as your GPU card just to see if it works.

I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and see what they say from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

What is getting me stumped is that it works only with Eyefinity enabled but not when Eyefinity is disabled. Something most be in comflict when Eyefinity is disabled.

Found this tech site that gives  some useful troubleshooting tips when a monitor is recognized but doesn't display: https://www.electronicshub.org/monitor-detected-but-not-displaying/

0 Likes

Can you upload a image of Windows Settings - Display to see what you are seeing?

Also upload an image of GPU-Z to make sure your AMD driver is correctly installed and all APIs at the bottom for AMD GPU cards are check marked.

0 Likes

Update: Did a fresh install of Adrenalin 22.5.2 (was using 22.5.1 before) nothing has changed the 3rd monitor still only works if eyefinity is activated

Chayton
Adept I

Found a solution! Went to windows settings and tried to duplicate monitor 1 and 3, the third monitor turned on and when I switched back to extend, it worked!

Very odd how this worked, essentially just switching from duplicating the display to extending it worked somehow.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Hey whatever it takes. Good Troubleshooting in finding out a fix for your 3 Display issue.
0 Likes