cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

deadshot1982
Adept I

Re: New 19.7.2 driver released. Still not fixed crashes.

I've discovered that using any fps overlay causes it to crash. Try taking without an overlay and see if it crashes. You don't need to undervolt just set the gpu boost to 2100 and power no higher than +7 and you're good. It will boost around 2050 under 200W.

0 Likes
deadshot1982
Adept I

Is your power level above +7 ?

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

I have always been a fan of AMD and want them to do well, to bring competition to Intel and Nvidia. However, why are there so many driver issues and if you have an X570 board you experience even more issues? People want to enjoy the products but with this many issues it is hard to be a fan. I have two 5700xt cards, both have many of the issues listed here and I have been updating drivers and bios and following instructions from forums and AMD tech support for two months now. I have yet to have a completely stable configuration like I do on my Intel and Nvidia systems. I will keep trying but still having issues with latest drivers 19.9.1, I have returned one 5700XT card and an Asrock motherboard and had some improvement with newer models however there are still issues.

0 Likes
deadshot1982
Adept I

Try power at +7 nothing over 7 and don't use any fps overlay and see if that helps. Don't undervolt either.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

I have the 5700xt and a x570 mobo, and yet, no issues here. 

0 Likes
deadshot1982
Adept I

I think a lot of people are being aggressive with the power leading to a lot of these issues. In doing this you must have an ample psu 650 or higher. If you use the default power of 0 it draws like 180W.

0 Likes
demonpossesser
Adept II

What processor are you using?

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Ryzen 5 3600

0 Likes
demonpossesser
Adept II

My issues have been between the motherboard and GPU drivers. I talked with a tech support agent at Micro Center and he suggested that some people are experiencing these issues because they were using an ASUS X570 motherboard. I don't want to spread fire, but I tested my system on a used X570 ROG Strix motherboard and didn't have any issues for a whole day. If it were a motherboard issue could it also be a processor issue as well? I know it sounds stupid, but I've tested this on my ASUS Crosshair VI with the Ryzen 7 2700X (which started having problems when the new drivers came out and when I bought the 5700) and upgraded to the Crosshair VIII and I'm still having issues.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Im using ref 5700 xt (toying with the fan speed, so it wont become a toaster )

Ryzen 5 3600

msi x570 a-pro

Just today i have been playing apex all morning ( around 5hours ) and switch to Ghost Recon breakpoint when beta was released, no problems at all

0 Likes