cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Netflix stutters when Subtitles are displayed (Fullscreen only)

I'm having issues while streaming Netflix App on my pc with a VEGA 64 in Fullscreen, and with EDGE in Fullscreen whenever i activate subtiltes:

it keeps freezing/dropping 1-2 frames whenever subtitles are displayed or an OSD is popping in. Prime, Disney+ and Kodi works without a problem. Netflix app windowed or edge windows works without problem. Only Fullscreen.

I've tried everything, reinstalled windows, reset app, cleared cache, cleared SSD, clearing browser history and cookies, reinstalled driver, etc. finally i changed my GPU in this pc to onboard, works without frameskips. Nvidia card, works flawless. 

i used different drivers, recently the new 21.5.1 with windows 10 version 20H2.

I have linked to previous posts, where people experienced the same problems without any solution. could this have anything to do with the fact that VEGA 64 isnt able to play 4K netflix videos due to DRM?

Please see the following links: 

Re: Frame drops in full screen video when elements... - AMD Community

Frames dropped while streaming Netflix - AMD Community

Thanks for your help... This issue drives me crazy. 

4 Replies

Bump. 

Update: Friend with 5700 XT has the exact same problem. 

0 Likes
Trushna
Adept II

Same happens here on Windows 11 and RX580 on 21.10.3. Doesn't happen with 2200g's integrated vega8

0 Likes

I uninstalled the drivers, and used Windows Drivers. The stutter is still there, but its weaker. 

0 Likes
h4rd3n
Journeyman III

Same here, Windows 10 21H2, Driver 21.10.2 and a RX6900XT and two monitors. Also fading in and out of the player HUD is inducing stutter.

It got better, when I clicked out of the netflix app and opened a firefox window in the background. Maybe I'll try a newer driver, but I doubt, AMD already got a fix.

I also got a problem with the integrated demo videos in the "Dolby Access" app and "DTS  Sound Unbound" app, but only in fullscreen. Here, I have to click outside the window on the desktop (second screen) and move the mouse back into the fullscreen window and hover it above the controls HUD, the the video plays smooth.

I think, it's kind of how UWP apps handle video playback or the driver handles video playback of UWP apps.