cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

peace
Adept I

Re: NEED HELP with lots of 5700 XT issues!

I am glad to hear you were able to fix the issue, can you please tell me if you previously had same issues as mine, for example:

Black screen: while watching videos or youtube!

Screen not waking up & giving the No HDMI signal!

Random freezes /crashes

Also can you please share if you are still using the HDMI port?

0 Likes
_y_
Adept II

I had crashes during games.

- Screens go into powersave mode, no way to wake'em up again, so reboot was needed

- Game freeze and screens go black, returning to desktop (game crashes)

Had them randomly, mostly not able to plat 20+ mins ... 

I used one HDMI and one displayport, now I use both displays with display port.

This is my current congifuration:

Radeon Software Version - 19.12.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Memory Size - 8176 MB
Memory Type - GDDR6
Core Clock - 1905 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 32 GB
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor

koszalek
Adept III

Go to driver 19.11.3 oraz 19.11.1

0 Likes
peace
Adept I

Thanks for the reply, for me I don't have issues yet while playing games, yesterday I played RDR2 for about 80 mins & a day before I played Resident Evil 4 for 5 hours. I will buy a DP cable & see if that fixes the issues I've!

The most annoying issue for me is the screen not waking up, other issues are somewhat bearable! I really really hope they fix those issues soon.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

the latest drivers to make screen not waking, I had two games after 20-30 minutes crasch game, and I came back to version 19.11.3
0 Likes
peace
Adept I

Sorry for the late reply, as I was testing the 19.12.1 version to see if it fixes the issues I have but, the most annoying experience for me "screen not waking up & the No HDMI signal" is still not solved!

Before reverting back to 19.11.3, did you also had the same issue (screen not waking up & the No HDMI signal) as mine or only while gaming?

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

hi, i use the DP port, with the 19.12.1 version the screen went off while playing, and that's why I came back to the 19.11.3 version, a lot of people have problems with HDMI and I suggest that you use the DP port and buy the cable does not have to be expensive
0 Likes
peace
Adept I

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I've already ordered a DP cable, delivery is estimated between 15-22 January.

Sometimes I think I deserve that for saving couple of bucks for getting an AMD GPU instead of Nvidia.

I feel like I've purchased an unfinished product & I am the test subject in its beta program!

I still have time until 31st January to send it back & get Nividia's GPU, lets see what happens in the future!!!

0 Likes
wilburforce
Adept I

I feel your pain, I reinstalled windows 3 times, used tried numerous drivers, all to no avail.

Sadly I decided to return the card and buy a 2070 super which as £55 more, it worked fine straight away, and and has

been trouble free since.

AMD will resolve it, I am sure! I am looking forward to returning for the 5800xt or what ever the 2080ti killer will be.

AMD need to sort out their drivers.

peace
Adept I

Hi everyone,

I've updated my post, please see the "EDIT on 20/1/2020" for more details.

0 Likes