NEED HELP with lots of 5700 XT issues!
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dLm3yk
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler with 2x NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor
Windows 10 pro x64 (Genuine)
Bios updated to the latest version
All the drivers installed & up to the latest version
No overclocking of CPU or GPU
Power plan: "AMD Ryzen High Performance" but no longer available, don't know why, tried every fix but couldn't bring it nor "AMD Balanced" back, I think it happened after GPU drivers update, only my assumption!
Current power plan: Win 10 pro "High Performance"
CPU temperature: 35-50°C Max
GPU driver version: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 Optional, uninstalled!
Current version: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL), installed again yesterday!
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+ issues:
* GPU temperature reaches 50-56°C rarely goes to 58°C (doesn't remain at 56°C for long, back & forth from 50 to 56°C) when idle (web surfing & watching videos) with 0RPM fans spinning, I've read that it's normal for this card, thus no worries, but is it normal?
* Black screens: When watching prime every time I forwarded or re-winded the video, screen went black & then came back, super disturbing but last time I checked the issue seemed fixed, can't try it now, Out of Subscription
* Black screens: When watching youtube or any video especially when trying to go to full screen, goes black & comes back again, happens rarely but really disrupting!
* Black screen most annoying experience till now, yesterday or the day before I was watching a gameplay video on youtube & upon trying going to full screen, boom screen went black, GPU fans started spinning at full speed, as always turned the monitor off & on but with no luck, unplugged & plugged the HDMI cable again yet no luck, used the reset button on the case, tried that at least thrice or more but with no luck also, even after doing that GPU fans kept spinning at full speed!
Solution: turned the PC off using the power button!!
* Freezes/Crashes: When starting the game using the Rockstar launcher! Fix: Can take 2-3 restarts!
When going full screen mode with my VPS, Fix: Can also take 2-3 restarts!
So, are there any solutions, what your advice, I am thinking of returning & replacing it with 2070 or 2080 super??
EDIT on 1/1/2020:
New Black screen experience: I was watching a youtube video & BOOM screen went black!!!
Fix: Tried every fixed mentioned above, unfortunately nothing worked!!
I forgot to mention the all time favorite "NO HDMI Signal" screen/message!
EDIT on 20/1/2020:
* Screen sometimes wakes up & sometimes doesn't wake up, when the monitor screen tuns off, clicking & moving the mouse won't make it turn back on, sometimes it works even after a long time remaining off & sometimes it won't work even if the screen turned off seconds ago, sometimes/mostly it turns on but says: "NO HDMI Signal"!
Solution: Turn the monitor off & on, can sometime takes 2-3 tries, if that doesn't help unplugging & plugging the HDMI cable from the GPU works!
My DP 1.4 cable arrived on Saturday, I got the one recommended by a user on reddit:
"Club3D VESA Certified CAC-2068 DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.4"
3 days have passed & I've no issues waking up my monitor, which was THE MOST ANNOYING issue for me, you can't imagine the pain & frustration I suffered because of that issue alone!!
Previously I was using the HDMI cable that came with my "Benq EX2780Q", every time I tried waking up my monitor, I get the "NO HDMI SIGNAL", each time I had to turn off & on my monitor 4-5 times & even more, if that didn't work I had to unplug & plug the HDMI cable to wake it up, so painful & frustrating, it was a nightmare!!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank "BenQ" for providing such a garbage cable with their new & above 500 euro monitor. THANK YOU BenQ FOR MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE!!!
So, if you purchased the same monitor & having the same issues as mine, please get yourself a VESA certified Display port cable.
Also I would like to update you on the black screen issues, from 2 weeks or more I've been using the Adrenalin 19.12.1 version, only 2 or 3 times black screen occurred while watching videos, it was not disturbing but I am beginning to think it might have something to do with the HDMI cable that came with my monitor!
Also while launching "Ghost recon Wildlands" with the HDMI cable, I had to restart my PC because on the first try I only get audio with black screen.
I will update you all regarding these both issues in the future.
its a driver issue. many folks have the black screen and fatal error. we have to wait on AMD to fix it. Really annoying I agree. Totally ruins holiday break for about everything pc related.
Thanks for the reply, I really hope they fix it soon, it's been a long time since the release date!!
Do you happen to know any fix for the "screen not waking up" & the "NO HDMI Signal", also while Epic launcher is downloading, screen won't turn off, is there a fix for it also?
Man, got exactly the same issues. When playing a game screen goes on black and says no input signal.. so annoying!!
Have a sapphire pulse 5700XT and a ryzen 5 3600. Since i got the new pc end august i only have problems after problems, BSOD, black screens, freezes.. so annoying
who knows when we will see the driver update we need that actually fixes this! But holiday break sometimes runs all the way to the 6th of January for some companies. And then they have to process all of our error reports and THEN we hope they find whats causing the issues. So realistically I personally dont expect a fix before the end of January, IF they find the problem. If we receive it before hand then its just a bonus. But im really upset with all of this. I thought ATI(yea i know they are AMD) was waaaaay past these driver problems from years ago. This baloney is still occuring since the 9700 Pro days. They make a fine piece of hardware and follow it up with poor driver implentation and horrible GUI. Why is this still acceptable? They should hold higher standards than this. I sit and wait because on our end we can do nothing. Its driver level issues, and no "little fix or workaround" does anything. I have tried them all. Stop trying folks and just wait, its all we can do now. Everyone post your screenshots to show your crash dump reports. It does help instead of posting blind comments. Post your screenshots that show the info needed. Google search a free program called Blue Screen View, From there take a screenshot and post it in your postings. Let them see the data they need. Might speed things along. Like this:
just for kicks i cleaned the pc and rolled back to Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. Same baloney still crashing to desktop. New card bought on Black Friday and cant even game. Nice goin AMD.
I had the same issue before when I build my 1st gaming PC.
I have r5 3600, b450 gaming plus ASUS TUF, sapphire pulse rx 5700 xt and corsair vengeance pro 3200mhz.
I solve the issue using DDU+Safe mode.
Use the version 19.12.3 and replace radeon anti lag to radeon boost.