cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kolozsuz
Journeyman III

Need help Radeon R7 M340 not working

Yesterday I don't know what I did, but my Laptop does not let me play games as it usually does, I try to fix it with the HP Support Assistant, but didn't do too much, so I tried to use the Radeon Software Adrenalin and still have the issue, it has an update available (18.4.1), but when I install it and reboot the Lap comes back to the previous version (17.50.1.3)

I also used Driver Pack Solution and the drivers are on the day, but when I see the video adapter (AMD Radeon R7 Graphics and AMD (TM R7 M340) on the Status put ERROR, I don´t know what to do, also says that there's an error code 43

Here's some info:

• System: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cd00x

• 64 bites

• Processor AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G, 2700Mhz

When I try to go to the AMD settings it says ''Radeon Settings are currently not available. Please try again after connecting AMD graphics''

Thank you, if you need more info just ask for it

1 Reply

I believe you downloaded the wrong AMD Driver for your Laptop. The current driver for that Laptop and APU is 18.2.1. You can download it from here: APU

Just to mention it is always best to download and install the HP AMD Laptop Drivers before using AMD laptop Generic drivers.

Here is how to install AMD Drivers on a laptop from AMD Forum: Laptop graphics update...How to and here is how to make your laptop switchable : Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System .

Go to HP Support under your Laptop and see if there are any newer BIOS or CHIPSET available. If there is, update those first since it will make your laptop more compatible with newer software and hardware.

Follow these basic steps in installing the AMD Driver. Basically the same as the above link on how to update the graphics driver.:

install AMD driver :

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

0 Likes