cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Pythoticus
Adept I

Nearly all my programs say Could not initialize OpenGL when I have the latest drivers installed

I don't understand what's happening. I tried to open Bluestacks and LDPlayer only to find that they wouldn't open because of a graphics problem. I then tried to open Davinci Resolve for it to say the same thing, "Could not initialize OpenGL" This started happening last night.

AMD Adrenaline didn't detect any new update drivers (I built this PC last month or so) so I decided to uninstall and install the latest drivers from the AMD website. Still the same pop up. The weird thing is that when I uninstalled and ran the programs via my CPU's integrated graphics, it worked.

6700 XT

0 Likes
9 Replies
addiepie79
Adept III

I had the same issue it ended up being a bug and I had to Reset windows to fix the issue! Hope you find a better solution but far as i know this is the only fix!

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

Ouch, that's terrible....I don't have much on this PC being it's newly built but **bleep** that hurts. This thing really seems unfixable. I'm just afraid that I'll encounter it again. When did you reset it and has it occurred since then?

0 Likes

About 6 months ago never happened again and I changed the GPU out to a new one before I reset so I know its not a Graphics issue most likely a bug or misconfiguration cause by another program so now I watch what I install

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

Ah, thanks. One thing that does come to mind that I did install was Discord just so I could stream some games to my friends but that couldn't have been dangerous?

It's weird because I tried restoring my computer to an earlier point in time (couple days ago before I installed discord) and it started working fine again....until I restarted my computer because I was paranoid it would start again...and yeah, it did. So back to square one

When resetting windows, did you do the "keep my files" or "remove everything"

0 Likes

hmm I do know you have to do something or that can mess with your card there is a fix out there for that program

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Which reset did you do? The one that keeps your files or the one that removes everything?

0 Likes

The one that removes everything unfortunately!!!

Adam J Martin
0 Likes
Pythoticus
Adept I

Never mind, I found the solution. Didn’t jump the gun to reset everything first

My problem: I’m running a dual monitor set up. One is an 27GN950 and the other is a Huion Kamvas plus. Was playing the new Pokémon on the switch on my LG while using LDPlayer/Chrome/my actual PC on the drawing tablet. Drawing tablet of course! Cannot handle gaming or video editing programs! Which is why LDPlayer and DaVinci Resolve did not work, but Krita did!

So be sure to use your actual monitors for actual heavy programs, fellas

addiepie79
Adept III

So glad you didn't have to reboot. make sure you mark that as a solution....

Adam J Martin
0 Likes