Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pablofu
Journeyman III

My WX 9100 emits and alarms

Hello All

this is my first post. Thanks to the community for all the help and knowledge you provide.

I own an iMac Pro 3GHz 10 Core Intel Xeon W, with 64 GB of RAM and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB. I am on Big Sure 11.2.3 (happened with Catalina too)

I also own a Razor Core X  with AMD Radeon Pro WX9100 (before that I had a Sonnet)

I have connected 1 external 4K display to the sonnet, nothing else.

Running some programs like Adobe Premiere, or OBS Wirecast, the card emits a big alarming sound and my eGPU switches off suddenly. It starts with the external monitor connected to it, and then is a chain reaction till all my software collapses.

These are all actions I took:

- Filled an RMA and exchanged the AMD card with the supplier, they sent a new one...it continues happening

- Exchanged the closure for a new one (Razer Core X)

- Exchanged the Thunderbolt 3 for the best one I could find....

Same result. Please see a video (note that I used the video I filmed with the old enclosure), but issue is exactly the same. 

It doesn't allow me to embed mp4 file, but here is the link: https://app.box.com/s/848iyb1qcp58mfw2fj6wt1n7mg3o4nqf

I believe that for some reason, the graphic card gets hot and its protection system starts, then the external monitor shuts off and then my Mac. 

this has happened during streaming sessions with more than 4.000 viewers online...not ideal.

Thanks for your help!!!!

0 Likes
35 Replies