cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ongieg
Journeyman III

My RX470 card keeps crashing

So my graphics card has been doing well with no problems for about the last 2 years but recently whenever I try to play any game, ex. GTAV, Garrys Mod, or even do a bench mark, it either crashes the game/benchmark or the whole computer itself. I have uninstalled the drivers multiple times and tried different driver versions to see if that would fix the problem with no luck. My PC specs are : Windows 10 64 bit, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, GPU: Visiontek RX 470. The problem has gradually been getting worse because it even crashed once when typing this forum post. I am also unable to open the Radeon settings because whenever i try to open it nothing happens. (I even tried running it as an administrator) I am also running adrenaline 18.12.2, so all my software is up to date. Attached is a screen shot of about:gpu. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

6 Replies
Roledox
Journeyman III

• I also having this issue any one can help me to play games
Birby
Adept I

You're not alone. It's a rampant problem for owners of RX cards, especially Sapphire ones apparently? I'm on an RX480 here. Look through the topics, there's plenty. I really hope AMD notices how many people have these issues eventually... I have been unable to play AC: Origins for about a year now, no new release fixed it for me. I'm growing tired of it.

0 Likes

I can't play any game my screen go off and CPU runs

0 Likes

Has anyone figured out the issue with this card I bought it originally to mine with this card absolutely refused to work with my asrock b450 pro 4 ryzen 2600. I had this card working for a week then it threw the code 43 out of no where froze my machine constantly tried every fix in the book until it pretty much killed my mining rig. I now have it in my main computer to see if it will work standalone runs a little better but every so often I'll get a code 31 fix it then get a code 43 followed by bsod is this card just trash or do I have to dig back deeper and go with a driver from over a year ago 

0 Likes

did you guys checked temp?
maybe repaste GPU (it can get dry after 3-5 years (and this is how old those cards are now)

also:

either do a fresh install of Windows (best) OR use latest DDU

ps i own a RX580 and dont have any problems
pps my Laptop uses RX560X and also has no problems

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

The RX 470 is a great GPU but sometimes it crashes and lags like hell.

0 Likes