cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bangbangduar
Journeyman III

My rx 6700 xt is running at the low gpu wattage

Hi everyone, i have a problem with my rx 6700 xt where the gpu wattage is really low on most games.

this is my build.
i3 12100f
Powercolor rx 6700 xt red devil
asrock b660m hdv
ram 3600 mhz 2 x 8

im also doing a synthetic benchmark, and the gpu run at the full power that reach to 210 to 230w. but, when i play a game like fortnite,apex,csgo the gpu power wattage is around 80 to 120w in low graphic settings which causing a really low fps. my target in here is to surpass the 240fps to support my monitor. please help me thankss.

3 Replies
vandy074
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same issue now and had no luck with anything.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe better cpu is needed.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Question isn't wattage it runs for, but frequency
Gpu can be limited by 3 things
Power limit = frequency goes down, power and load is maxed out
Frequency limit = frequency and load capped, power isn't maxed. 
Engine / CPU limit / unoptimized / bad power management etc = Nothing gets maxed out (in case of CPU limit, CPU thread gets capped)\

I can even show you examples all 3 in exactly same game without even changing graphical settings.

1) power limit showcase

xT8yapH

2) Frequency limit

gT6eMoD

3) Engine limit

Bgw0maj

To be fair abnormalities can exist. If you aren't limited by anything (engine supposedly) and you overlay something like calculator on top of game and it gets much higher fps with higher frequency - it means there is something fishy going on. But it still will be hard to tell what specifically

0 Likes