cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

roshankj99
Journeyman III

My Rx 570 GPU fan Not Spining 1 sec and Stop .

MY PC SPECH :

Core i5 3.4 4670 /  8GB D3 / 450 PSU / 2TB WD GREEN

My RX 570 is Unable to Spin fan correctly. its spin 1 sec and stop then after 5 sec its spin 1 sec  this is how its functioning now. Also WATTMAN Not Show Zero RPM Option. When windows starting GPU Temp Show 30-35 C and

i can work on basic things and GPU only goes to 50-55 C Temp only.

But Problem is when i try to play the games its instantly Heating to 70-90 C and fan RPM is 0 .

sometime when playing GTA V its going max 100 and PC is off ............  

pastedImage_2.png

1.png

i have done Following steps before the ask help:

1) Clean GPU FAN / Heat Sink 

2) Apply the New thermal Paste  

3) RESET The Windows 10

4) CLEANED all thrid party and Windows Updates 

5) Check on another PSU

6) Down grade to Random Downgrade version

7) Now runing 20.9.1

8) TRY With MSI Afterburn / GPU Z and few of Leading GPU Fan controlling Software.

0 Likes
6 Replies

What happens if you put the GPU fan on Automatic in Wattman?

Also the GPU Fan curve is extremely low in Wattman. According to the GPU Fan curve in the image at 85C the fan will be running below 50% RPM. 

At 85C the GPU fan should be running at 100% maximum.

Need to change the Fan Curve on Wattman to be much more aggressive. Like at 70C the fan will be running at maximum or something like that.

0 Likes

Any Chance to edit Windows Registry to Fix this issue ?

or

Any Chance get back Fan Zero RPM Button using Software Patch or Windows Registry Value editing ?

or 

Any Sign about this is Windows 10 Updates Fixed ? 

0 Likes

2.png

Not Working . 

Can i get back Fan Zero RPM ENABLE/DISABLE Button ?.........

Why it's Not Showing ?.....

0 Likes
roshankj99
Journeyman III

elstaci

I have tried few low profile to high profile . but no results. but Today when i change the mode of power option on control panel ( Balance to High Performance ) fan work only for 1 or 2 minute normal speed ( Meter Show 670/680/656 Like that ) not passed  1000 RPM. Unfortunately it's Stopped...  and continue to perform like early start spin 1 sec then stop , within 5 or 6 sec again spin for 1 sec and stop.

Also I Noted one thing . When i making GPU fan setting with any of 3rd party software ( like Msi Afterburner ) its starting some noise when i setup higher fan speed to higher Temp Value  on GPU Fan with same start and stop process. Meter Show Fan Speed Apply what i enter but Fan RPM Always 0 .

Also I don't think its power issue because, on Radeon Meter shows up GPU Power Consumptions going high value( 50W / 60W / 70W / 80 W / 90 W ) with big games. when its exceeded 60W with in 1 or 2 minutes GPU Temp Going Over 85+ C....

0 Likes

I suggest you open 2 support tickets, one with AMD Support (https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form ) and one with the Manufacturer of your GPU card to see if they suggest to RMA the GPU to be checked or replaced.

It is possible the GPU fan might be defective or possibly defective GPU card. If you installed older versions of AMD Driver with the same issue than it probably isn't a driver issue.

One good way to check your GPU card is by installing it on another compatible computer and see if the fan works normally.

Doesn't Radeon Settings have a button to restore the GPU back to its factory settings?  That should remove any settings in Wattman that was changed and set your GPU to factory defaults: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-003 

Is the fan easy to turn when you have power off?

0 Likes

thanks for your support first and i really appreciate this.

unfortunately your still nothing works for me.

yes fan rotate and its not hard. 

0 Likes