Graphics Cards

eml137
Journeyman III

My RX 5600 XT keeps crashing

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT

CPU: Intel i5 4690k 4 Cores

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

BIOS Version: I don't know how to check?

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1330 MHz

PSU: Coolermaster 750 Watt

Case: Sharkoon TG4

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10

GPU Drivers: Newest Drivers from AMDs website ( Adrenalin 22.11.2 Recommended (WHQL) but only the display drivers not adrenaline, tried with adrenaline but the crashes were even more often)

Chipset Drivers: Intel Z87 Chipset

Background Applications: DISCORD, sometimes Opera GX

Description of Original Problem: When I am playing Graphicly intense Games, the Game freezes after 10-50 minutes playing it and i get a blackscreen and an AMD message pops up saying i had a Driver Time Out and after that everything goes back to normal, till i play that game again. This happened with Escape from Tarkov on Lowest settings, Apex Legends also mostly on low and very rarely with Overwatch 2 with medium Settings but its very rare with OW2. I am able to reproduce the crashing when I run FurMark for 1-10 minutes, shortest was 1 Min and the longest it held up was 10 min. I also was able to record one crash if it would help seeing it.

Troubleshooting: I uninstalled the drivers three times with DDU and also have deleted all Nvidia drivers with DDU. The third and now present installment of the drivers i made, is when i didnt install the Adrenaline Software and only istalled the Display drivers, which helped at first but under load I now get Artifacts before the Game freezes, which was i wasnt able to record yet.

I've searched all around the insternet for any posts with similar problems but none of their "fixes" have fixed it for me (for example to use another 8-pin connector from your psu or the driver install wihtout the adrenaline sofware) so i hope someone can help me.

Sorry for my Grammar, english isnt my native language.

0 Likes
0 Replies