Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

r0bin
Journeyman III

My RX 5500 XT is on full usage while gaming

Hi,

Recently I build my own PC (see specs at bottom) everything ran good until I added a second monitor to my setup, since then the radeon software says that my Vram and GPU are used for 100 percent. Even my FPS and quality suffers from it. I already tried playing with one monitor but that didnt work, i downgraded my graphics driver to 20.4.2 nothing worked. 

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB

Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450

Corsair Vengance 3000Mhz 16GB 

Nothing is overclocked

0 Likes
6 Replies
raitulsams
Adept I

What driver version you are using? Did you face VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE/automatically shutting down pc? 

Im using driver 20.4.2 now, yes i did. 

0 Likes

I have very similar setup, similar issues

Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite
Gigabyte 5500 XT GAMING OC 8GB (20.5.1)

BSOD with ATIMPAG.SYS (TDR ERROR), never during gaming, have seen in edge and chrome
Blackscreen, during gaming

I have tried setting BIOS to force PCI to 3 not auto switching, clean driver install for both motherboard and graphics card.

I wondered if the issue could be related to the PCIe3 motherboard and the graphics card being PCIe4.

I can try installing older drivers as mentioned above, I guess using the factory reset option then install an earlier build of driver.

I am very keen to solve this, please reach out if I can help.  I have been a windows developer for years and im feeling a bit stuck here.

I have seen some mention setting the TDR related registry key to increase timeout, I have not tried this.

markdavis
Adept I

Did you solve your problem ?

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

I used to have a RX470 that exhibited the same behaviour. It started when I have 2 monitors of not of the same size but the same 1080P. Currently I am on a Sapphire Nitro 5500XT 8GDDR6 with 2  Acer ER320HQ and it running as it should.GPUZ 5500XT 1.pngGPUZ 5500XT 2.png

rainhard021
Journeyman III

Have you solved this? Please help me I am having the same GPU and exactly the same Issue.

0 Likes