GPU 1 AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

Driver version: 27.20.22012.1
Driver date: 6/23/2021
DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)

GPU 2 AMD Radeon RX 5500

Driver version: 27.20.22012.1
Driver date: 6/23/2021
DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)

the issue is that for what ever reason the integrated card is being prioritized over the ACTUALL card and i have no idea why. doing anything gaming related im stuck at low fps with the small card maxed out and the "Main" one isn't doing anyyything.
i have the radeon software but the "Switchable Graphics" setting is missing and i cant find another way to make the 5500 the main card

anyone have a fix???? im lost af

0 Likes
5 Replies
Huntnwabits
Adept I

go into device manager /display adapters  right click your Intergraded and click disable.

0 Likes

There is no 'switchable graphics' option, you need to have the monitor cable connected to the 5500 and check the mobo bios is not set to integrated graphics.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Windows handles that now. Go to settings/Display/ and scroll down to graphics. Choose there. Also set your computer power plan to high performance.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_1.png

well i looked in my settings and what not and there where no options like that for me

"Ultimate peformance" dosent exist for me
and "Hardware-Accelerated GPU scheduling" dosent exist for me either
i can provide images but really they dont exist lol. im so lost. this **bleep**s over my head lol. im just a dumb gear head

0 Likes

Thats because my laptop has a Nvidia graphics and different options. Forget the hardware acceleration thing, you don't have it. The computer power plan is as important as any graphics setting. You will not have the best experience using the default power profile (balanced). Just do like I posted and get on with your gaming.

Pictures:

Screenshot_10.pngScreenshot_11.pngScreenshot_12.pngScreenshot_13.png

Browse for the .exe of the game you want. 

0 Likes