cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

g3b
Journeyman III

My only gaming experience is Links 2003 the game worked fine in windows 7 & the latest driver would apply AA and AF settings for the game, however it will not apply the game profile in windows 10. Any ideas?

The 18.2.1 amd driver worked fine in the windows 7 version, .then I upgraded to windows 10. I then reinstalled the driver and the profiles, then proceeded to load the game, the profiles for the game did not work. Any ideas? Thanks for your response.

g3b

0 Likes
7 Replies

Since you didn't post your computer info according to AMD Forum rules : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

I am taking a stab that you are using AMD Wattman for your game profiles. I have read that game profiles don't work, you need to use Global Setting profiles for it to work and stay. Seems to be a bug in AMD Wattman.

In this earlier AMD Forum thread, kingfish​ explains what occurs: https://community.amd.com/message/2858283?q=game%20profiles

Sorry about that... Have a amd athlon IIx3 435 cpu, amd rx460 (2gbts vram) 8 gb system ram & a MSI 785GM-51 motherboard. upgraded from windows 7 pk3 64 bit to windows 10 home. (not a clean install.)

Thanks again.

0 Likes

What program are you using for your Game Profiles? AMD Wattman?

0 Likes

I am using the game profile in the CCC in the driver 18.4.1., not in AMD wattman. Was able to use the profile utility in all driver versions in win7. It shows up in windows 10 but does not apply the settings in game.

Thanks again for your reply,

Gil

0 Likes

I know that in Wattman there is a bug where it only sticks in Global in not game for the Game Profiles.

Here is a link from AMD Support concerning how to make Game Profiles in Radeon Settings : How To Create Game Profiles Using AMD Radeon™ Software .

If you are doing it the way the link says, then Radeon Setting might have the same problem with Game Profiles as Wattman.

If not, try to install again the AMD Driver set correctly and see if the problem continues. It is possible that the software got corrupted when you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Post back any error messages that pop up or if games profiles keep being reverted to the Global settings. I am not that familiar with Game Profiles so someone else will need to advise you about that.

0 Likes

I was using DDu to uninstall the old drivers was in safe mode, rebooted & stuck on the bootup screen. Will do a repair or complete re-install & report back.

Thanks,

Gil

0 Likes
mack0y
Elite

Game profiles don't work. The Global profile might work to override the settings but obviously you have to change it every time.

Do gaming profiles ever work?

0 Likes