cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gamingtimepro
Newcomer

My friend has the same computer but MUCH BETTER FPS!!!

My friend and I have ALMOST the exact same pc specs:

GPU: RX 580 4gb GDDR5

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400 1366 MHz

PSU: 450 W

RAM: I have 2x8GB 2400 MHz DDR4 -------------------- He has 1x8GB MHz DDR4

MOBO: B350M Bazooka Fans: I have 3 (2 intake, 1 exhaust)------------ He has 2 (1 intake, 1 exhaust)

SSD: I have 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO --------- He has none

HDD: I have 2GB -------------- He has 1GB

DVD: I have a Disk player ----------- He has none

Monitor: XG2401 (I have 24" --- He has 27")

Drivers: Radeon Adrenaline 17.2.2

Settings: All the exact same in both games and inside of the AMD MSI Afterburner shows the exact same specs and settings (Neither PC is OC'ed)

We both had out PCs prebuilt from CyberPowerPC (I know..., building is better)

Neither of us use VSYNC as we have Freesync monitors

Our FPS is capped at 144 in games (if possible)

Settings are always kept near the 2GB VRAM threshold (Even though we have 4)

Temperatures of GPU is around 50C under load and 30C Idle

Using DisplayPort for my monitor plugged into my GPU

I use CCleaner, Advanced SystemCare, Driver Booster regularly

Just recently updated to the newest BIOS version

I ran a series of tests all on 1920x1080p on the exact same settings on the same games without any background applications, these are the results:

PUBG at VERY LOW:                              Me: 25 FPS ----------------- Him: 70 FPS

CSGO at VERY LOW:                              Me: 60 FPS ----------------- Him 144 FPS

Rainbow Six at HIGH:                             Me: 60 FPS ----------------- Him: 125 FPS

Wildlands at VERY LOW:                        Me: 35 FPS ----------------- Him: N/A

Watch_Dogs 2 at VERY LOW:                Me: 40 FPS ----------------- Him N/A

GTA 5/Online at HIGH:                            Me: 35 FPS ----------------- Him N/A

Overwatch on ULTRA:                            Me: 80 FPS ----------------- Him: 144 FPS

Rocket League on BEST QUALITY:       Me 80 FPS ------------------ Him: 144 FPS

Some possible problems:

- "Low quality" PSU (I don't know his brand or mine but we have the same Wattage)

- My keyboard (Has LEDs), microphone (He doesn't have one), DVD player, SSD, and more LED's on PC (He has less) are starving my GPU and CPU of power.

- Maybe when they built it, they messed something up (everything seems to be plugged in correctly and I have had no issues other than FPS)

- My Surge Protector might be faulty and not be providing enough power

- My GPU may have been fried (somehow IDK how)

- Mcaffee antivirus Plus is causing the FPS issue (I have real-time monitoring OFF so that it doesn't scan files as I use them)

- Google chrome extensions (It's a stretch, but possible)

0 Likes
1 Solution
plumboby
Miniboss

courupted drivers might be an issue. If i run into issues some causes can be registry being corrupt. I use CC cleaner for registry clean sometimes the most simple things over looked can be missed which can exibit these behaiviours. If both builds are brand new psu shouldn't be an issue unless its under the wattage rating of the build which it might be. Shouldn't be the ram as you got more than enough to run at decent settings. Another issue may be msi after burner is counteracting you Adrenaline AMD interface seen it before if your running 2 or more videocard tuning programs they can counter act loosing preformance than gaining it. I suggest uninstalling afterburner & try again with the adrenaline interface you might get better results. When trying to get the best frames running 2 diffrent programs can be a cause of issues. I run relive & record my frames as i adjust my rx560 4G on an older monitor without anything special & still pulling good frames just on stock AMD drivers & 8 gig of ram with an i5 2400. Go threw you worst games & run on lower settings first then start tuning as you go for process of elimination. Even record you desktop with the stats open & post it as its hard to say without seeing the numbers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
slomotheslick
Journeyman III

Are you running one stick of 16gb ram or 2 8gb sticks in dual channel and is he running one 8gb stick or two 4gb sticks in dual channel

also i believe you have not listed your ram speed correctly as 1750mhz is the base clock on the vram on a rx 580 and would only be available through an underclock on ddr4

0 Likes

slomotheslick  After checking in the bios the 2 sticks are actually 2400.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

courupted drivers might be an issue. If i run into issues some causes can be registry being corrupt. I use CC cleaner for registry clean sometimes the most simple things over looked can be missed which can exibit these behaiviours. If both builds are brand new psu shouldn't be an issue unless its under the wattage rating of the build which it might be. Shouldn't be the ram as you got more than enough to run at decent settings. Another issue may be msi after burner is counteracting you Adrenaline AMD interface seen it before if your running 2 or more videocard tuning programs they can counter act loosing preformance than gaining it. I suggest uninstalling afterburner & try again with the adrenaline interface you might get better results. When trying to get the best frames running 2 diffrent programs can be a cause of issues. I run relive & record my frames as i adjust my rx560 4G on an older monitor without anything special & still pulling good frames just on stock AMD drivers & 8 gig of ram with an i5 2400. Go threw you worst games & run on lower settings first then start tuning as you go for process of elimination. Even record you desktop with the stats open & post it as its hard to say without seeing the numbers.

0 Likes

plumboby Already tried uninstalling afterburner and I use CCleaner for registry cleaning regularly. Just updated my BIOS, hopefully that helps

0 Likes
gamingtimepro
Newcomer

plumboby EDIT: FIXED!!!!! FINALLY!!!! This is my first pc and my XBOX was running things better than it. Hitting 200 FPS on rainbow six. Redownloaded afterburner and sure enough it never goes below 80%. Thanks so much it was a problem with my BIOS drivers. I actually thought I broke my pc more for a second but it just wasn't booting up because I had my HDD selected as boot and not SSD. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

0 Likes

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes