cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: My computer won't detect my AMD graphics card in device manager and when i download the driver it shows error 173

SATA SSD products are transparent and look like a hard disk to a typical SATA controller.

I wonder if Dell has taken some steps to block that migration.

0 Likes
roporos
Adept I

Re: My computer won't detect my AMD graphics card in device manager and when i download the driver it shows error 173

I tried the command and nothing is wrong with the Hard drive also i wanted to add that the current hard drive im using is not the original one it's an HDD 300Go while the original one is HDD 500Go . 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

SSD drives are quite low cost now. SATA 120GB units are down to record lows. I suggest if 120GB is too small, 240GB is not many more pesos.

Given how old you machine is, it might be time to save you pesos for a more recent contestant. Even low end machines today almost all come with SSD drives now.

0 Likes
roporos
Adept I

So i need to change my hard drive for my graphics card to be detected , understood. Can you please explain to me the link between them ? 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

not sure if your machine has the ability to handle the moden hard disk which are now 7mm thick, the older ones are 9.5mm thick

SSD drives are also 7mm thick

0 Likes