cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jackthehack994
Journeyman III

My 6700xt experiences serious frame stutters

I have an i7-10700k, 16 GB 3200 MHZ corsair RGB vengeance pro ram, 750 watt gold rated EVGA PSU, ASUS b550m plus WIFI motherboard, a Samsung 970 EVO plus 1 TB SSD with my Windows 10 OS on it, and a 4 TB Seagate barracuda HDD. My brand new MSI mech 2x RX 6700xt does not seem to want to run my games correctly, I get serious frame dips in games that should be run extremely easily such as Fortnite and Overwatch. I have been troubleshooting this for about 3 weeks now and am getting extremely desperate, I feel like i have tried absolutely everything so I hope somebody on this forum who is smarter than me can shed some light on a solution I may have overseen. 

0 Likes
9 Replies

Stuttering is an issue that is plaguing many RX 6000 series users, such as in Fortnite.

As for myself, I luckily overcame my stuttering by updating my bios and chipset, and by following the advice in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1N4vV5BSoI

Before updating my bios and chipset, Fortnite was unplayable, but it was not perfect, but after following the advice in the video, it would become much smoother and much more perfect.

Hopefully, this will help you too.

The video, among other things, recommended disabling Windows 10/11 gaming mode, and I think this was what helped in my case.

P.S.

If the video above does not help completely, try watching this 2022 follow up video also (but watch the first video first since it is more relevant):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaJ2WHJsTs

0 Likes

You say you updated your bios, which bios version did you have before you updated it?

0 Likes

I don't remember, and since I bought the motherboard second hand, my guess is that it was either default from when bought new or it was updated with an older bios update. I updated with the latest Windows 11 ready driver, so now I can update to Windows 11 whereas prior to this I could not.

Have you tried disabling Windows 10 gaming mode? Has it made any difference?

0 Likes

I have turned off game mode, I have updated the bios, I have turned off USLP and nothing seems to have helped.

0 Likes

I am sorry it did not help. For me it did help, but for many people nothing seems to be able to fix it.

The only thing I can recommend to you is look for more solutions, like this video that has some new advices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irNnebVlbk0

Other than that, waiting for new AMD drivers may also help.

If nothing works, this is not your fault, as AMD does not seem to be as optimized as Nvidia. And chances are if you had a Nvidia GPU, you would not experience any stuttering.

0 Likes

Did you disable ULPS like in video at 12:35?

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

yes, i have disabled ULPS exactly like the video asked

0 Likes

Important:

"I have an i7-10700k, 16 GB 3200 MHZ corsair RGB vengeance pro ram, 750 watt gold rated EVGA PSU, ASUS b550m plus WIFI motherboard"

Your listed hardware setup is physically impossible. Either you have a different motherboard or a different CPU.

The Asus b550m Plus Wifi is an AM4 chipset motherboard for a Ryzen CPU, the I7-10700k is a Intel LGA CPU, the sockets are physically incompatible. *make sure* you correctly identify your motherboard/cpu before doing any of this as trying to download drivers for the wrong motherboard is obviously not going to work.

Worse, if you try to install the wrong Bios as has been suggested in the previous posts, you can outright brick your motherboard.

0: Preparation:

What the following advice is intended to do is remove any software conflicts between Windows, AMD, potentially any other hardware drivers you previously had installed in the past, as well as AMD's software which has been the cause of many issues like this recently.

• Download all your devices current drivers from your Motherboard's Support page on the manufacturer's website
    • You should download Chipset, Audio, Networking, etc drivers.
    • Extract them from their zipped files and place them in a folder on your desktop, also a good idea to keep these on a USB drive if you have one handy
  • Download the latest AMD drivers for your GPU from AMD's website
  • Download " Display Driver Uninstaller " "DDU"

1: Unplug your computer from the internet

• This is to prevent Windows from updating and messing things up while you fix things

2: In your Control Panel, uninstall all AMD/Intel/Nvidia drivers & Programs. 

• Adrenaline Software
  • AMD Chipset Software
  • AMD Software
  • Realtek Audio Driver
  • Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
  • Uninstall any programs here that are "Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Radeon, Realtek, Audio, Ethernet"

3: Go through the steps as outlined on DDU's website and fully remove your Graphics Drivers

4: Reboot, Reinstall all drivers

• From the drivers you downloaded directly from your manufacturers website, reinstall your drivers starting with your Graphics Drivers.
    • When you are installing your Graphics Drivers, You will reach a page that has a checkbox that says "Factory Reset", You do not need to have this checked, however also on this page there is a dropbox that says "Full Install" you want to click on that, and select "Drivers Only"
    • Next, install your Chipset Drivers
    • Then install everything else
  • Restart your computer, plug your internet back in, run Windows Update

5: Test to see if you still have stuttering

Once you get to this point, if you no longer have stuttering, you can reinstall the Adrenaline Software (GPU Drivers, Full install) if there's a feature there you want to take advantage of, HOWEVER, IF you do choose to do so, make sure you choose "STANDARD" when you are selecting your profile. DO NOT select Gaming, or any other profile during setup. You can always manually go into settings and change things to a more gaming focus per each program that you want to be more performance oriented

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes
Kiruwkin
Adept I

you need to wait for the driver, I myself have already suffered with 6600xt, some friezes in PUBG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDaqBJU2fDw

0 Likes