Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

esl-js
Journeyman III

MxGPU Supported Systems

Hello,

I am in the design phase for a KVM-based MxGPU VDI, and I am curious what motherboards and systems are certified MxGPU compatible. Is there a list i can look at?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Not sure if this page may link to information:

VMware® and AMD MxGPU Technology | AMD 

0 Likes

I appreciate the reply, but the page does not really list anything useful - at least in terms of compatible systems. I don't want to spend weeks talking to salespeople about things I'm not going to use - which is the route I am being pushed. I know exactly what I need (an S7150x2), I just need to know what hardware officially works with it. I'm getting kinda close to just giving up on an AMD based solution because I can't find any useful information.

0 Likes

I understand. I would suggest as it is the only avenue AMD gives you to talk directly to them to just fill out a support request and ask them you specific questions. Maybe you will get lucky and they will provide the information you want. Online Service Request | AMD 

I hadn't considered that... Thanks!

0 Likes

From AMD concerning MxGPU. In its release notes it indicates two Manufacturers - DELL & HP. If you click on those and select the GPU card it will mention what motherboards are compatible: AMD MxGPU VIB v1.05 Release Notes | AMD 

From the DELL & HP Links: VMware Compatibility Guide - vdga