cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

MWII Crashes immediately after loading into a multiplayer game or the campaign.

GPU Sapphire Toxic 6900XT Air cooled

MWII Crashes immediately after loading into a multiplayer game or the campaign. The screen goes black and the GPU fans go to 100% until the PC is manually restarted. I've tried driver-only install, minimal install and the second bios on the card. The previous adrenalin driver isn't compatible. I get a WATTMAN error in adrenalin and every once in a while the crash corrupts the drivers which then requires a full reinstall. Other games work just fine. I've tried it with adrenalin GPU enhancement settings on/ off which has no effect. In-game settings have also been tested on every level from low GPU settings to Extreme. The game still crashes every time. I have even tried reinstalling it on a different drive. GPU does not have any updated bios. Is anyone else running into this issue?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
1 Solution
Volkdude85
Challenger

Hard to say I would guess it's combo of newer game and driver roulette.  I might try Calling CoD and reporting an error ticket.  or seeing if they are working on a fix. you might try the drivers with and without adrenaline, somewhere there will be a config for MW that you might turn off the driver check but that is modifying code and I don't know if you Note+ or HTML or what folder that might be in?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Volkdude85
Challenger

Id try an old driver 22h2 has not been nice to most newer cards.  MS is trying to get a from scratch dx driver working and those of us who can run dx9,10,11 are caught in instability roulette.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@Volkdude85 I did try an earlier driver, Not compatible with MWII. Also, I did try downgrading from 22H2, no change.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Hard to say I would guess it's combo of newer game and driver roulette.  I might try Calling CoD and reporting an error ticket.  or seeing if they are working on a fix. you might try the drivers with and without adrenaline, somewhere there will be a config for MW that you might turn off the driver check but that is modifying code and I don't know if you Note+ or HTML or what folder that might be in?

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Ya, that's where I'm at as well. super frustrating to have a higher-end GPU and always run into problems. I really wish the drivers were better as a whole. Always so buggy, unless I totally lost the GPU lottery.... There's no way to RMA either at this point. I'm curious though as to if anyone else with this particular card is having the same issues and if not, where's the difference? 

Volkdude85
Challenger

saw one fix is to scan and repair the game.??

0 Likes

I saw that as well. I've done the file verification and repair a few times. Still crashes lol!

#PcLife

Volkdude85
Challenger

It happens I had a problem with my 8800gtx on new games back in the day(fallout 3).  Seems like one of the arkam batman games gave me grief on a new nice card too.  It happens on both teams, is what I am trying to say.  Skyrym had an Arrow it's everywhere at launch,  as in you'd be minding your own business then get launched to space and die and start back at your last save 45 minutes ago...Twas great... 

0 Likes

My ultimate solution was to buy MWII for the Series X. Problem solved haha

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

If it was me Id run windows 10 off of an old drive and see if it fires up that way.  Then at least you can play with your buddies.  

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@Volkdude85 I fixed the problem with 4090FE lol. I still have the 6900xt card though and am going to try and sort it out on another system I have. It's bugging me that's not working and I'd like to be able to use it in another AMD build.

0 Likes