cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

azerux
Journeyman III

MW2 FPS Stutter

Recently been playing the new COD MW2 game a lot and have been suffering a bit from FPS stutters, mainly within the first 3-5 mins of a game. I understand this is most likely just from the map still being loaded in and as the game is out for longer, optimization will improve. Just wanted to see if other people were having this problem or if anyone knew of a solution to this? Not a huge issue, just a bit annoying when my frames jump from 130 down to like 30 every other second and hurts in game modes like SnD mainly where I am useless in first round or so.

Hardware is as follows:

Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary, Ryzen 3800x, 16 GB RAM

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
simplysimon911
Adept III

you sure its not server side as COD has always been notoriously bad for stutter at the start of games. I take it you have dropped your settings to test and turned off shadows etc.

0 Likes

Yeah all my settings are dropped down to low/medium, only one I changed was Spot Cache which is at Ultra just because I saw posts saying that it would help with the stuttering - I have noticed maybe a little bit of change since changing this setting but not the same amount as others are saying.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try disabling Anti-Lag
It can hinder performance sometimes

0 Likes