cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dar_
Adept I

MSI RX Vega 64 Air Boost

First off, I would like to say thanks to the people who helped me last time - this is the system I ended up building :

ASRock X470 Fatal1ty Gaming K4  (Bios 3.20)
Ryzen 5 2600X (stock speeds)
Corsair H60
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB (stock overclock speed)
2x 8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX (@ 3200MHz)
M.2 250GB Samsung EVO 960 Pci-e x4 (System)
Kingston 480GB SATA SSD (Data)
Kingston 960GB SATA SSD (Games)
Evga 750 GQ PSU (12 volt 62.4Amp @ 748.8W)
4x 120mm case fans
Thermaltake Core V31 case
Windows 10 1903 build 18362.449
I am very happy with it and glad I came back out to the red side !!
I have now got a little bit of spare money and am thinking about getting the card in the title, I know it's a 'blower' card and can be loud but it's the one I can afford. My question is :
From all the research I've done both the MSI Vega 56 and 64 look exactly the same the card itself only says 'Air Boost' the only place the model (56/64) is shown is on the outer box - so I'm wondering if there is anyway of telling if the 64 (apart from taking it apart) is truly a 64 and not a flashed 56 ? obviously I will buy this from a reputable retail store but still how can I tell ? I have used GPU-Z in the past but I think that only reads the Bios of the card so can be fooled ??
Any help ?
Dar.
0 Likes
3 Replies
alseu
Challenger

Hello!
You can check the amount of compute units in GPU-Z. 
Vega 56 flashed with Vega 64 bios will be shown as a device with 56 compute units in the program.

0 Likes

Thanks alseu,

That is good to know, so GPU-Z not only reads the Bios it also reads the actual hardware of the video card, I'll let you know how I get on.

Dar.

0 Likes

Sorry, forgot to update post !

Thanks for the help, but I no longer have the PC, my other half has just got heavily into video editing and was limping along with an old i5 4690 using only the integrated graphics so I took pity and gave my machine the them.

May build a new AMD based machine at some point and probably be back here for help !!!!

Dar.

0 Likes