Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Stringy_Lanky
Adept I

Re: MSI RX 6800 XT 16GB Gaming Trio BSOD system failures

Jump to solution

Update:

The Retailer accepted the warranty return for the RAM and replaced them.

The Retailer was not able to replicate the fault in their tests of the GPU but agreed that there appeared to be a genuine issue somewhere. They have sent it on to the distributor for further tests, which could take 2-5 weeks. 

It was a tough call to either send it to the distributor or just have it sent back to me. It could be just a bios/driver fix that will be in the next update and thus all this time wasted. Or it could be some hidden hardware fault where the only solution is having the fault confirmed and the warranty paid out.

In the meantime please link any reference to similar issues that you find! Thanks for your help thus far!

0 Likes
Stringy_Lanky
Adept I

Jump to solution

MSI confirmed that repairs to the GPU are not possible and I am being given a refund by the retailer. So that’s this saga solved. Thanks everyone for your help along the way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SC-Technics
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio black screen or crash fix

I solved the MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio black screen or crash problem with Windows 10. -Download on techpowerup site the AMD-GPU flasher with amdvbflashWin.exe -Download the MSI 6800XT Gaming X Trio MSI.RX6800XT.16384.210112.rom with Header: 113-MSITV395MH.103 in the GPU Bios collection.

-Run AMDflasher and program the Bios

(The problem appears with the Bios in the header 113-MSITV395MH.102 - you will see that both is 49 firmware, but there is a change in the Header number)

After this Bios Update black screen never appears anymore...

0 Likes
SC-Technics
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio black screen or crash fix

I solved the MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio black screen or crash problem with Windows 10.
-Download on techpowerup site the AMD-GPU flasher with amdvbflashWin.exe
-Download the MSI 6800XT Gaming X Trio MSI.RX6800XT.16384.210112.rom with Header: 113-MSITV395MH.103 in the GPU Bios collection.
-Run AMDflasher and program the Bios

(The problem appears with the Bios in the header 113-MSITV395MH.102 - you will see that both is 49 firmware, but there is a change in the Header number)

After this Bios Update black screen never appears anymore...