Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tukami
Adept I

MSI RX 6600 weird graphics glitches

Hello, 

i recently bought my MSI Mech 2x RX 6600 (non XT) graphics card and im having quite some issues with it.

But before that, the rest of my rig:

CPU: i7 2600k

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 

RAM: 24 GB

So yes, its pretty old but it worked fine with my GTX 660ti before. 

Since i switched gpus, im having graphical "Artifacts", in the form of colorful pixels (not in the Size of a pixel, just the shape), which are appearing next or on top of each other randomly on the screen. I have this issue while playing games and watching videos on youtube, so applications where the gpus is being used. Sadly i cant show the problem, because it appears in a fraction of a second. Additionally, its not constantly appearing, its in irregular time intervals, which is not necessarily a big problem for me, but concerning for a new card. These pixels are appearing at one exact moment of time, so not spread onto a certain time. Also, it appears to be only 2 Dimensional, so those pixels are only appearing on the screen itself, and not inside the game. For now, i dont know whats is causing this and how fix it, but i noticed that its not appearing in applications where the gpu is fully used as in gpu heavy games like Control or Minecraft RTX, but in applications like Youtube, League of Legends or Overwatch (in my case the gpu  isnt fully utilized because of my cpu, therefore the gpu clocks are fairly low). 

I hope someone here can help me, this is my first ever forum entry!

Tukami

17 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried the GPU in a different slot? tried a different port? do you have another PC you can test the GPU in to see you experience the same issue? use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and completely uninstall driver and install fresh graphics driver.

DDU doesn't help. I finally think its just random hardware problem. Its happens randomly with no loaded gpu. Just random, like 000.1 second

0 Likes
OUZXX
Adept I

Oh god thank you. I finally found someone having the same issue with me. Dude i'm having the same issue and %100 same. I just bought 3 months ago and service doesnt found hardware issue. Did you solve the problem? Please contact me. I have been seaching for this issue like 1-2 months and finally... I am not alone...

0 Likes

Well, i got the problem fixed now, but the solution wont make you happy. I switched platforms fron my i7 2600k to an i3 12100f. Now everything works perfectly fine regarding that problem. Other than that, i havent found another solution, nor do i know if this glitch even exists anymore. 

0 Likes

After all those the problem was the CPU? I have ryzen 5 5600x. I was using this GPU for a short time with ryzen 3 2200g and issue was still happened. Thank you so much Tukami. I'm happy i wasn't alone.

OUZXX
Adept I

https://www.hizliresim.com/gu6rudf  Problems picture.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

what is your PSU Wattage? 2 125 watt cards

You have a 10A load on both of those GPU's

250 watts is one heck of a light bulb if you have ever run a bicycle generator...most people couldn't do it, a horse power is 746 Watts.  I like a single 12V rail on PSU's so I don't have to count amps, it is usually a nicer circuit. I like PWM fans so it is quiet.

0 Likes

At first like 2-3 weeks i used this gpu and cpu with 300watt psu(max425w) and it was working fine even in xmp mode. People in forum was shocked. Then i bought 650w asus psu but the problem was happening with every psu.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

from PSU to PSU the rails are distributed differently I have no Idea how that PSU distributes amps to the 3, 5, 12, volt rails Just cause you got lucky once doesn't mean your getting twice. How many twelve volt rails does it have? 

boiler plate would help(UL label).

0 Likes

I'm using MSI Mag A650BN 650W 80+ Bronze psu. It has 12V single rail

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

yeah that's a 54A rail that should do it for the gpu.

You think maybe the cpu wasn't seated right? saw it happen in an epic LGA once

glad the 12100f worked 

0 Likes

İ'll try but i switched cpu for many times i think thats not the problem. I just really wonder whats the issue. İt's so weird i nearly tried everything and still happens. I don't care the issue anymore i just want to know what is the cause.

0 Likes

did u solve this issue? i have the same problem

amd really s...

0 Likes

Which platform are you on? As i stated earlier, my problem occured due to me using the old LGA1155 Platform, which now is nearly approx 10 years old. Then i switched to my i3 12100f, and those problems are gone. Maybe it was one individual piece in my old system, but never the less, it was due to something being to old to be compatible.

0 Likes

Yes. After 1 year, my graphics card suddenly shut down. I used it for 1 year with this problem. Then the warranty sent another video card and the problem was solved.

0 Likes

I used DDU, and thats mostly fixed it, no visual glitches, but sometimes the game just pauses for about 1 to 2 seconds. I’m not sure yet whether that’s because of my graphics card or my network, I can try story mode to rule out my network. I’ll try the stable clock when I get home as well, thanks for the explanation!

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
Tat2dsoldier
Journeyman III

Yep it’s the card! Don’t let people act like they know it’s not. I’m literally having the same problems with a little extra. Been running a super high end RX 590 for 3 years and flawlessly at that. Saw this card supposedly out performed it and decided to “upgrade” and I’ve had it for about 3 weeks. Started with my left monitor blinking to black. Now it’s freezing my games and locking up my computer. No I’m not answering a million questions on specs. The 590 required more power than this card blah blah. It’s the card. It’s poor performance junk. I’m reinstalling my 590.

0 Likes