Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

senpaisai
Journeyman III

MSI RX 6600 Mech 2 + ACER R241Y = "Input Not Supported"

(Cross posted from r/MSI_Gaming) 

As the subject says, I just upgraded my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti OC to the MSI RX 6600 Mech 2 and the issue I'm getting (and everyone with an ACER display seems to be getting with AMD GPUs) is "Input Not Support" from the HDMI from the moment I press power until Windows loads and the lock screen appears. This prevents me from entering BIOS unless I disconnect the ACER and hook up my Vizio V505-G9 4K TV ... which then tells me why the ACER is incompatible: apparently the VBIOS on the RX 6600 defaults to 4K (2160p) at 60hz over HDMI instead of 1080p at 60hz.

So what I'm looking for -- and it's pretty specific and hope somebody can point me in the right direction -- is a DP to HDMI converter than can downscale the output from one of the three DP ports to basic 1080p at either 60hz or 75Hz.

Because the alternatives suck at the moment ...

1. AMD isn't about to release a VBIOS for all their AIBs that fixes this issue because they would've done so already.

2. I am NOT buying a new display with the DisplayPorts until this Acer dies.

3. I am NOT going back to the 1050 Ti (not after seeing Control and Immortals: Fenyx Rising default to HIGH at 80+ FPS! )

4. And hooking up my Vizio just to enter the BIOS?!? Riiiiiight! That is something nobody should be doing in the first place.

And wouldn't be had AMD decided not to insult everyone's intelligence by assuming everyone is driving a 4K display over HDMI and developed their VBIOS accordingly. Ignoring 60hz 1080p displays that can't do anything less won't improve their market share over Team Green...

TIA

0 Likes
1 Reply
senpaisai
Journeyman III

I've uploaded video of the behavior to Togonzo Media (my YouTube channel)  ... 

https://youtu.be/WZP9KJzHrBo

Might want to use headphones. I was upset and frustrated during the video's creation so there could be some choice language. NSFW! 

0 Likes