cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SilentVirus12
Adept II

MSI RX 580 GAMING X 8G shutting down when gaming

Hi all! I have problems with my RX 580,When I set all graphics from game to high i have black screen and my gpu get the fans at max.My driver version is 20.11.3 the most stable at me,I cleaned the slot PCI Express it was ok until the next day and again he started to shutdown or display black screen,restart.And I want to metion is not PSU ,gone very well with this psu,I have it for 2-3 months this psu.I reinstalled Windows but nothing.Sorry for my English!!!!

My config

MOBO 

ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+

RAM

HyperX Fury 2x8gb 1866mhz

CPU

AMD Athlon 860K

PSU

Inter-Tech Argus 620w

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was wrong, the power supply was the problem, I sent it to the service

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies

Common Polaris issue do the following:

In Radeon Settings go to the performance tab, tuning tab, and near the bottom find the "Power Limit" Slider.

Move that slider to the right to its maximum of 50.

Then go to your fan settings and switch to manual. You want to move those dots to have them run at 100 from 70 degrees on up.

If that helps you can experiment with backing off that fan curve a bit if it is too loud.

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/performance-tuning-with-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition/ba...

Good Luck!

0 Likes

@pokesterHi My graphics card are set at oc mode and power limit at 50+ in msi afterburner and nothing,fan is going at max only when i get black screen and freeze.Temp max is 75-72°C.I don't mind the sound of the video card

0 Likes

Afterburner and Radeon Settings are incompatible together. You use one or the other not both. It causes stability issues. 

Uninstall Afterburner the re-install the AMD driver with the Factor Reset option. 

Then apply the settings I mentioned above and you should have a better experience with that card. 

0 Likes

Since I got video card I had msi afterburner and gaming app and it didn't do that to me.I'm sorry I switched to AMD :(((

0 Likes

I understand your sentiment. I gave up on my RX 580 ever working right about 2.5 years ago. I spent more time tinkering the playing games.  Moved on to greener pastures. No problems now. 

Make sure to let AMD know about your issues.

There is a Bug Report under the gear in Radeon Settings.

You can contact AMD support here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I will try tomorrow ,I will say if worked

0 Likes

I sent last time the raport of bug and no response

0 Likes

Well you did pick a OC card so maybe that your power unstable.   Glitches the card.  I had a GTX 660 OC I had to bio flash to a normal specced card. But it work for years.  You maybe having issue like that with your card.  Did your card come with a switch to slow it down.  

0 Likes

I don't know what to do with the second hand and he didn't use it much like a pass on a gtx 1070.I've already had the video card for 4-5 months and all this time I haven't had any problems only since Sunday

0 Likes

I used oc mode from factory and 50+ power limit all time

0 Likes

Try turning your computer on it side.  so the the card stand straight up.  If don't glitch it your sag as it heats up.

0 Likes

I will try but the card is right does not move in all direction in the pci slot.google translate.sorry for my english

0 Likes

@SilentVirus12 wrote:

I sent last time the raport of bug and no response

The bug report is one way communication they don't respond. The Support form gets a response, or it is supposed to anyway. 

0 Likes

A ok.I did not know

0 Likes

@pokester I did as you said, but the video card  held it longer and i get black screen and fans runs out of control when is crashing.I observed only when i set to oc mode from msi gaming app and power limit at 50 ,the card cant hold more

0 Likes

only in benchmark is not crashing

0 Likes

I found the problem!! Was the rgb controller i disconnected from molex cable and hes running very very well now!! Thanks all for the reply and for help!!!

I was wrong, the power supply was the problem, I sent it to the service

0 Likes

How do you know bro? I am suffering from the same error

0 Likes