cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

farqy12
Journeyman III

MSI Radeon RX 570: Intermittent Black Screen Flashes on 144Hz Monitor ONLY when 60Hz Samsung 4K TV is turned off

My Specs

Primary Display: BenQ ZOWIE 24” Monitor 144Hz (XP2411P)

Secondary Display: Samsung 55" 4K LED Smart TV 60Hz (UN55NU6950FXZC)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3

CPU: Intel i5 2500K (Overclocked to 4.5GHz)

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570

RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 (2x4 GB)

PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

The Issue

I have my PC in one room with the BenQ monitor through DisplayPort, and the TV is in another room with an HDMI connection (15 foot CL3-rated cable). When I am using the monitor and the TV is off, there will be an intermittent black screen on the monitor accompanied by the Windows sound for a device disconnecting/connecting. It happens on very random occasions. There is no issue when both the monitor and the TV are on, or when the TV is on and the monitor off, or if I simply unplug the HDMI cable.

What I want to do

I want to use my monitor without this black screen issue while leaving the HDMI connection to the TV untouched.

What I’ve Tried

• Different HDMI cables (multiple brands, latest standards)

• Using a HDMI splitter

• Using a powered HDMI booster with two HDMI cables

• Disabling HDCP through AMD Radeon Settings

• Disabling Anynet+ HDMI-CEC setting on Samsung TV settings

• Disabling HDMI UHD Color on Samsung TV settings

• Rebooting with the TV off first. Rebooting with the TV on, then turning it off. And whatever other combination of that you can think of

• Stress-testing GPU

My Final Thoughts

I believe this is an issue with the HDMI connection between the Samsung TV and the GPU when the TV is off, they aren’t talking to each other properly, but I can’t figure out what is causing it. I suppose it could be a Windows 7 issue or something with my build since all of that is quite old at this point.

0 Likes
0 Replies