cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tribbiani
Adept I

Monster Hunter World: Iceborn - Black Screen & Crash - 5700 XT Pulse

Hi to everyone who reads this. (and sorry for bad english in advance)

Short story, what the title says. I bought a 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse. It came with RE3 and MHW. RE3 runs great, good performance, no problems, like all the rest of the games i  have (pubg, overwatch, witcher 3, dbz figterz, pathfinder kingmaker, etc).

Sadly, when i start MHW, game just shows a black screen, no sound. After a few secs, my system freezes and either restarts or i have to do it myself manually (hardreset). I searched a LOT and tried everything i can, change configurations of the game in .ini file (low settings, dx12 on/off, hq texture pack off, windowd/borderless,fullscren), windows pci express power profile set from moderate to off, new driver 20.4, older driver 19.2.1 (then going back to 20.2). I also went with autoundervolt, custom core speed to 1900-1950 and Volt to 1070-1100, and other stuff. All based on "solutions" users talk about in post like 2-3 months ago, here in amd forums or reddit. I already asked AMD for a solution, no asnwer so far, and im out of options. This also happend with Star Wars: Batlefront 2 but suddendly it works again.

Im running this GPU with a b450  asus tuf gaming, evga 750 GQ, ryzen 2700x 16gb 2400 hyperx. (no overclocks).

If anyone can share some tips or suggestions, or even comment on the same problem, ill be thankfull.

Thanks to everyone, have a nice day.

0 Likes
1 Solution
tribbiani
Adept I

Good news! I copied your .ini config and the game started! I didnt test it, but im gonna try it when i can and let you guys know how it works. Thanks!

Also, and im not sure if it was a good idea, before i did that i updated my chipset drivers (i hope nothing else goes wrong now).

I dont know if this was part of the solution too. I went back to my old .ini configuration  and MHW started correctly. Now i dont know if loading the game with your file configuration affected it somehow and now it works, but well... im happy to see some advance in this matter. As i said, ill try the game a few minutes when i can and let you know what happens.

Thank you both for your time and sorry again if i dont express myself correctly.

Blessings!

Edit 4/8/2020: Games works and runs great! Im guessing the solution was updating my chipset drivers since now i can play even with the original .ini configuration or anything i set on it. Thanks for your help. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
trek
Elite

I have the same graphics card and similar issues. For me problems dissapear when I turn off freesync. In adrenaline just turn off all extra features and try to play.

Additionaly I set in bios pcie bus to particular value not auto and set windows pcie power savings to off. But in my case main driver is freesync.

0 Likes
tribbiani
Adept I

Thanks, i searched bios pcie option but i didnt find it, only thing  i have is "support something" enabled/disabled but enabling it doesnt show any particular values. Already tried the windows power saving thing without success. Esync is also disabled.

Now im gonna try 17.9.1 like warsun suggests and see what happens.

Edit: 17.9.1 wont even install, i think its too old for 5700 XT. Only thing i can install from that is HDMI audio driver.

0 Likes

Did you completely uninstall 2020 first?

0 Likes

Yes, i also went into safe mode and unistalled with amd cleanup utility. Did you have this issue with 5700 xt and solved it with that driver?

0 Likes

Why are you asking me? My system doesn't have this problem. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Jd9zHB 

If you saw my build you should also see this.

..Proof 17.9.1 works Stop questioning me.

0 Likes

Hi again. Let me clarify something, because i get the feeling you got upset with my question.

First of all i apologise if anything i said in my previous post wronged you. I didnt see your build before, now that you share that link i can see you have another GPU, but i dont know if that doesnt make any difenrence (maybe rx 580 issues are related to 5700 xt). I can also see that you just posted a video with the title "stop questioning me". Again, i just made a question because im trying to find a solution. Im not looking for a fight or suggest that you are lying. I just wanted to know if you had the same GPU and you got MHW working by doing that. This is my first post in AMD forums and while i have some knowledge or experience with computers, im not a full expert. I see you show me a lot of boxes and stuff you got running there, they look pretty nice by the way.

Sorry again if i didnt express myself correctly. Also, english isnt my native language so sometimes i cant express myself the way il like to, like i was speaking my own language.

Ill try again installing that driver version if i can and see what happens. I let you know what happens, God bless you.

0 Likes

Discussions on graphics card forums are somethimes less friendly, perhaps due to frustration :-)

I am not sure if drivers warsun suggests are going to work, because those are some old drivers where RX 5000 series is not even in support list.

Take a look once again in BIOS and check if you can set PCIE bus to PCIE 4 8x or PCIE 3 8x instead of 16x. Check with GPU-Z, My PCIE speed is 8x because I am using other PCIE ports for other expansion cards, this can be also difference. In PCIE 8x mode there is 2% performance penalty in comparison with 16x, which is insignificant.

Also take a look at game config ini file with settings, maybe it is corrupted or some incorrect settings are configured there

My settings are

[GraphicsOption]
ScreenMode=FullScreen
Resolution=3440x1440
FrameRate=120
V-Sync=Off
Aspect Ratio=Off
Ultrawide Mode UI Layout=0
OptionMode=Manual
High Resolution Texture Pack=On
NVIDIA DLSS=Off
DLSS_Sharpness=0.0
DirectX12Enable=On
DisplayName=LG ULTRAWIDE
DisplayIndex=0
FidelityFX CAS=Off
CAS_Sharpness=0.0
ResolutionScaling=High
TextureQuality=FULL
AmbientOcclusion=High
VolumeRenderingQuality=Highest
ShadowQuality=High
Anti-Aliasing=FXAA
LODBias=High
MaxLODLevel=No Limit
FoliageSway=On
SubSurfaceScattering=On
ScreenSpaceReflection=On
Anisotropic_Filtering=Highest
WaterReflection=On
SHDiffuse=High
DynamicRange=32-bit
MotionBlur=On
Vignetting-Effect=Normal
Depth of Field=On
Z-Prepass=On
CapsuleAO=On
ContactShadow=On
SnowQuality=High
[Window]
PosX=0
PosY=0

tribbiani
Adept I

Good news! I copied your .ini config and the game started! I didnt test it, but im gonna try it when i can and let you guys know how it works. Thanks!

Also, and im not sure if it was a good idea, before i did that i updated my chipset drivers (i hope nothing else goes wrong now).

I dont know if this was part of the solution too. I went back to my old .ini configuration  and MHW started correctly. Now i dont know if loading the game with your file configuration affected it somehow and now it works, but well... im happy to see some advance in this matter. As i said, ill try the game a few minutes when i can and let you know what happens.

Thank you both for your time and sorry again if i dont express myself correctly.

Blessings!

Edit 4/8/2020: Games works and runs great! Im guessing the solution was updating my chipset drivers since now i can play even with the original .ini configuration or anything i set on it. Thanks for your help. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.