cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dio21
Adept I

Monitor no signal until reboot

After turning off my monitor while my pc is running, when I turn the monitor again it says no signal. Also faced random no signal once. My monitor is MSI mp 221 and I'm using a Ryzen 3 3200g with no external GPU.

I have tried DDU, uninstall and reinstall drivers, reinstall ms visual c++, and resetting my monitor

also,

my HDMI cable is ok HDMI connection between Pc and monitor is ok

using stable GPU and monitor driver

advanced settings like HDMI link assurance and HDCP support are turned off

using native monitor resolution and refresh rate

It'll be really helpful if anyone can guide me through how to solve this, thanks a lot.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DRDOS
Adept III

Which OS do you use?
Do you have "Turn off the display" option enabled in OS Power Options?
How do you bring the PC back into proper condition when this issue occurs (e.g. by Reset button, or maybe something else...)?

I observed similar problem with my PC in past. Though, it might only be looking like same...
In my case this randomly happened at the moments when monitor was tuned off automatically by one or another reason (time-out by Power Plan in Power Options for display, or switching a display mode/resolution). But never when i turned it off by the button on the monitor.

0 Likes

win 10, turn off the display is set to never. when this happens I turn off the pc with the casing power button and turn it on again to make everything work again.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Had a similar problem 1 year ago.

Turns out Windows .Net Framework update was corrupt.

Opened command prompt as administrator ran sfc /scannow to find missing/corrupted OS files and repair them.

Upon restart and boot up Windows Automatic Repair came up and removed the corrupted files.

Then restarted and Windows Update Manager recommended contacting Microsoft Support with a specific error code. Turns out old update cache was causing the problem. The Technician walked me trough clearing my update catch and told me to do this after every update due to Windows 10 update cache no longer being stored as temp files so they just build up slow your system down and cause all sorts of issues. If they were stored in temp folders they'd automatically delete after 30 days like 7 and XP did. Windows 10 is built on a whole new framework and they left out a lot of what made XP and 7 such popular and stable OS's. 

0 Likes