Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TopTime123
Journeyman III

Monitor goes standby mode when computer is turned on

Hello folks

While i was cleaning under my desk i thrashed around loads of cables while my computer and monitor was normal and operational

It just so happens the screen suddenly goes standby mode and i couldn't get it to display my desktop even after restarting multiple times. The loading screen by my motherboard manufacturer shows and it clearly shows loading icon you see when you boot up your computer. And then after that finishes the monitor goes in standby mode. I tried using booting into a safe mode and it worked, figured might as well uninstall AMD driver and my monitor displays normally now with proper resolution without standby mode and 60hz (144hz nomally) . Downloaded the latest recommended AMD driver and begin installation. First reboot successful but when it started flashing black when it installs the driver, it stayed black and the monitor went back to standby mode. 

I tried different lower quality cable and it works. I could even see AMD driver installed but it was recommending 1080p in display settings and no option for anything above 60hz in properties. Probably because it's not HDMI 2.

Tried using my original HDMI cable which is 2.1 with my laptop to monitor and it displays. Tried connecting my pc to my tv with my original cable and it doesnt displays. Seems like it's not the monitor or cable issue. Feels like there is something wrong with driver I'm installing. I've tried previous drivers dating back to 2020 and it still repeated the same results without fixing it . Hopefully the GPU is not failing? 

My rig is Ryzen 5 2600. T force 2x8GB. A320m Pro Max MSI. RX 570. And Lenovo g27 20

If someone could give me an advice or refer me to a solution i would greatly appreciate it

0 Likes
0 Replies