Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

layer
Adept I

monitor don't go sleep

hi!

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my 2200g ryzen, in the last driver my monitor don't go to sleep mode...

I have 5 minutes timeout, at this time the screen goes off and says that lost connection to computer and will go to sleep mode...

one second latter, the screen shows a black screen and remains with backlight on!

some tests latter found that:

win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.9.3-oct5 - ok

Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.10.1-Oct10 - NOT ok

win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.10.1-oct15 - NOT ok

Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.10.2-Oct25 - NOT ok

hp 24es hdmi screen, windows 10 rs5

anyone experiencing this?

12 Replies
layer
Adept I

hey people, happy new year!

i'm still facing this problem, look like i'm alone in this quest...

in this time frame I even done a win reinstallation to add a pcie ssd but didn't help

win10-64bit-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.10.2-nov6 - NOT ok

Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.2-Dec12 - NOT ok

Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.3-Dec19 - NOT ok

zemuan
Adept II

Hello layer

I'm having the same problem. here is the link to my post

sleep/wake up problems 

Which motherboard do you have?

Does your pc wake up from sleep mode?

Hi!

"finally" someone with this issue, i was feeling alone

i'm on B350 platform (asrock AB350 Pro4), about sleep mode, i never make use of it.

I've already report it to Gigabyte too, I don't get if it's and AMD isssue or a motherboard issue but none of both supports helped me out.

I do have issues with set my display to standby when Windows goes idle and turns off image signal, motherboard/iGPU still sends signal to my display.

I've built a Desktop with Gigabyte B450M-DS3H with Athlon 200GE, working as APU (integrated GPU).
It is connected to my display (BenQ GW2470H) via HDMI.

I've set the turn off screen to 1 minute to test it out:

1548772571775.png

Windows does turn off the image after 1 minute, but then the display shows the message as computer would still sending image but only shows a blank screen (black screen with backlit on) only.
The display should go to standby right away this happens. But no... It stays like this until 15 minutes pass through and then goes to sleep, only when this happens is when display goes to standby, turning off image completely.
If I move the mouse or tap on keyboard, it wakes up again as it should.

My monitor used to behave as it should when I have my laptop connected via HDMI. But now when I started use this new desktop configuration and it started to misbehave.

Another forum with the same issue

Hey,

I've solved this one monitor-standby issue by downgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3

But first you have to wipe out your installed graphics driver with >>DDU<<...

0 Likes

yep 18.9.3 it's the only one that works. not even 19.1.1 (10/20 january)

i'm very surprised with at least 8 driver revisions since 18.9.3 and still this problem

0 Likes
tiagoadriao
Adept I

Thank vou for the advice, I've tried that this afternoon and it worked. Thank you

0 Likes
layer
Adept I

look like it's working with win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.2.3-feb25

glad to hear it works for you! it makes me positive about future driver releases... the day will come when my monitor will go to sleep.... i believe in it...

0 Likes

Try turn off DDC/CI in monitor option

0 Likes

unfortunately i don't have such an option...

0 Likes

Turn off Input Auto Switch in monitor option. This thing help in my case not DDC/CI

0 Likes