Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

weinh
Adept I

Monitor does not stay in standby

Hi folks,

maybe someone has an idea to my issue:

Since installing my new Asus RX 6800 XT my monitor does not stay in standby mode. He does enter standby as set in the windows setting after 10 min, but he repeatedly is going half-awake, meaning the monitor turns on but the display is all black. After some seconds he goes into standby again. To be repeated w/o end.

This behaviour did not occur with the previous graphics card, a ASUS Geforce 1070Ti.

So with everything being the same but the Radeon graphics card I suspect the rootcause in that vicinity.

Re-Installing the Radeon Driver package did not improve the situation.

My system:

Win10, AMD Ryzen 3900X, Monitor LG 38WN95C (with build-in speakers), ASUS 6800XT TUF Gaming

0 Likes
1 Solution
weinh
Adept I

Problem seems to be solved:

Ever since I run PCs I did not install the any monitor drivers. But apparently in combination with Radeon graphic cards and my LG monitor this is required. With the LG drivers the problem was gone.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

when the cycles starts with the monitor coming on but with a black screen, if you move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard does the Monitor come out of sleep completely with Video output?

Check Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any errors and check Task Manager to see if any background program is triggering the Monitor to come on but no show any video output.

One way to eliminate 3rd party programs triggering the monitor is by booting into a Clean Windows Desktop and see if the problems keeps occurring or not. If it doesn't then methodically start enabling 3rd party programs again and see which one is causing the issue. 

Here is how to enter a Clean Windows Desktop: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

Thanks for sharing with us.

0 Likes
weinh
Adept I

Thanks for the feedback so far!

@elstaciI can interrupt this cycle anytime by mouse movement or hitting a key, the monitor then immediately shows normal video output.

What I found out so far:

I did not enter the clean boot exercise yet, mainly due to lack of available time for interrogating this issue.

But I did something else, because I encountered an issue with audio while using a zoom conference: I uninstalled the Radeon Adrenalin Diver package via DDU app, and reinstalled with the WHQL Adrenalin Driver from 29th of June. Only the drivers for the moment.

Right now it seems the issue is gone.

Will check a little longer and if the issue does not appear I will install the whole Adrenalin package again (I need the Radeon Chill FPS limit feature) and hope the monitor standby issue is still not there.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

weinh
Adept I

Update:

It did not last long. With only the graphic drivers installed the issue re-appeared after 1 day.

Even more, I then started trouble-shooting with the windows clean boot. Only to discover that with every non-windows service and everything in the startup folder deactivated the issue still remains.

I am really glad if there is yet another hint on how to find the root cause... any idea welcome!

Many Thanks

wowexec
Adept I

weinh
Adept I

Problem seems to be solved:

Ever since I run PCs I did not install the any monitor drivers. But apparently in combination with Radeon graphic cards and my LG monitor this is required. With the LG drivers the problem was gone.

Cheers

0 Likes

Not work for me

0 Likes