Graphics Cards

Leon253
Adept I

Minecraft Shaders running poorly on RX 6650 XT

Machine specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

16GB RAM

Radeon RX 6650 XT GPU from XFX

Recently I installed Sildur's Enhanced Default Fast Shaders on Minecraft but it is running quite poorly (>60 fps half of the time). When I checked the GPU usage it was barely at 70%, sometimes dropping way lower than that, and the clock speed wasn't even reaching half of it's maximum speed, which is around 2500MHz I believe.

My question is, should I consider it as a normal thing, or the GPU isn't reaching full capacity because of some configuration problem? Comparing to my previous GPU (GTX 1050 Ti) which is way less powerful but with always reached 99% on high demanding games without overclocking, I guess my actual one should also use all of it's potential when it's necessary, no?

Please if you have anything to say just comment it below, I need help with this "issue".

0 Likes
8 Replies
Ning_YCX
Journeyman III

I run iterationT3.0.0 and seus. And…the game totally crashed or just turned into black screen.I am sure that I make any other thing right.I need nvidia…..

0 Likes

If the game just crashed it cannot be a GPU problem...

Thank you for your reply.I asked the author of iterationT3.0.0,he said it's amd driver's problem,the only way to solve shader crash is to install driver before 22.7.1 (amd improve OPENGL performance in 22.7.1,it increase minecraft fps but it's not incompatible with shaders like  itrationT3.0.0,amd still didn't fix it in 22.11.2).However,after I install 22.5.1 , some other bugs arised including but not limited to black screen ,game crash...(I am sure it's driver bugs)

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Here some reviewer tests 6600 with Minecraft and talks about shaders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mfs0D1DqiY 

I don't play Minecraft, what the problem he describes sound to me like it could probably be fixed by setting a cap to FPS.

In your case though, there is something limiting performance - maybe a FPS cap is enabled from Radeon software, from game settings or from some other software (Riva tuner, MSI afterburner or something - I don't use the, so I don't know if they have them)

Problem could also be heat related and your GPU is throttling due to overheating. In general, I would not overclock AMD CPU's not GPU's. They benefit mostly just from undervolting. But even if you haven't changed clocks, how are your temps? Or do you have VSYNC on or Radeon Chill, if not fps capped.

As I am not familiar with Minecraft, is there some physics setting which can make the game super taxing to CPU, which would then become a bottleneck? Or same thing with system memory?

There could also be some software issue which slows your machine down, but these are not that common anymore.

Thank you for your reply.I asked the author of iterationT3.0.0,he said it's amd driver's problem,the only way to solve shader crash is to install driver before 22.7.1 (amd improve OPENGL performance in 22.7.1,it increase minecraft fps but it's not incompatible with shaders like  itrationT3.0.0,amd still didn't fix it in 22.11.2).However,after I install 22.5.1 , some other bugs arised including but not limited to black screen ,game crash...(I am sure it's driver bugs)

0 Likes

Hi, sorry for the late response.

The problem surely isn't a FPS cap, because I have already set it to a high value. Also it shouldn't be due to overheating since the temperature my gpu reaches is below 60 ºC.
The person below said there's a driver issue which limits the GPU clock speed, maybe it is the problem. Have you heard about this issue before? Thanks.

0 Likes
MaekR
Adept I

There's currently a RX 6650 xt issue where the cards are not running higher than 1200MHz, u will need to manually tune ur card to run at 2410MHz. (It's a AMD driver issue)

0 Likes

Sorry for late reply I didnt check it earler.
Are you sure about that? Also, I don't know how to manually adjust the gpu clock, could you recommend me any tutorial for that?

0 Likes