cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Aligatetcolt
Journeyman III

Minecraft JAVA only gets about 30 fps (5700xt)

I have been struggling with Minecraft. I have tried multiple ways of fixing it but nothing seems to really work.

I tryed difrent versions of Java (18, 17) also tryed to change some of the java arguments to make it run better.

Tried Optifine and Sodium and the improvements are almost negligible. I also tried running it on linux with quite some mods (as some friends wanted to paly with the new create version on a server) and i got around 400 fps but back on windows i only reach about 30 fps and mostly its below 20. vanilla minecraft also doesn't seem to run all that smoothly with about 48 fps max (Framerate is not capped). I also have the latest chipset drivers and BIOS.

I had the same result on windows 10 and a clean install of windows 11

My specs

Ryzen 3700x

RX 5700xt

Gigabyte X570s Aero G

32 GB Ram

0 Likes
4 Replies
bobpi
Adept III

I have found it is mainly an issue of CPU overloading. reducing the rendering distance helps some. Which windows do you normally use? I am using Minecraft Java myself because I am still on Windows 7 with a FX8250 OCed (I loathe win 8,10,&11). They have also changed the loader so there is nowhere to easily put in Java args also which can be a bit helpful. You need something so you can see your CPU core loading which is easy for me since I have multiple monitors. I actually pause out of the game (esc) while it is initially rendering to get improved framerate once my CPU settles down. It can help to assign only part (I assign 4 of of the CPU cores also.

0 Likes

Well i could reduce it even more but even at 8 chunks its not a big improvement. also I never really noticed a problem with minecraft it all started after i stopped playing for a bit

Right now i am using windows 11. i do know where to put the java args, but i mostly use the GDLauncher

0 Likes

How is you CPU usage with Minecraft Java? Have you tried Bedrock? I am using only vanilla MJ with the stock launcher.

0 Likes

CPU usage is about 20% when i am in game.

i have tryed bedrock and i had no problems but its not what my friends are using and also not as moddible as JAVA edition.

also i am using Rubidium witch is a port of Sodium for forge

GDLauncher is just a way to download mods through curse forge without using overwolf.

0 Likes