Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mtlgod
Journeyman III

mGPU vega56 worth doing

Hi all,

I am trying to squeeze the last bit of life from my i7-3700K system, and can't decide if another Vega56 in mGpu will

give me a significant gaming  boost to this system, and  then use them in my planned jump to Ryzen 3000 later. any thoughts or previous experience with this setup will be most appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies

the Vega 56 is a very powerful graphics card

so far I have not seen many versions with dual/triple fan coolers which is what I prefer

0 Likes
dreidara
Adept I

Don't. It is not worth it. Unfortunately, Radeon doesn't wanna support mGPU properly. They always wanna put all the work on devs and they refuse to give devs any support or tools to optimize for mGPU. ImGPU works well in very select games, but stutters very badly in most if it works, is super buggy, or doesn't work at all. Just stick with the single card, upgrade to Radeon VII or wait to see what the Radeon and Nvidia cards are gonna offer. If you wait, all the current cards are gonna drop in price AND you will have access to the newer GPUs. Win-Win 

0 Likes

I have looked over the Alienware at al mobile GPU market and there are is a very wide rage of options.

This is why gamers like me use a desktop.

Longer term the desktop is more cost effective

0 Likes