cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

madhukarbhatia
Journeyman III

Maximum screen resolution supported by R7 M365X 1GB card

I am planning to attach an external screen to my laptop with Radeon R7 M365X 1GB card. I wanted to know the maximum screen resolution this card supports. I will buy my external screen accordingly. My preference is for a screen with 16:9 aspect ratio but I am flexible with that.

0 Likes
1 Solution

What revision of the 850 there is G1 - G4?

If it is a G4 Maximum resolution is

DisplayPort 1.2

Resolutions up to 4096 x 2304 at 60 Hz supported

---------

G2 & G3

DisplayPort

Supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

-------

G1 is limited to 

1280x1024

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Without knowing what laptop you have it is not a question I can answer. I can tell that laptop graphics are very customized to the model so I would check the specs for your laptop on it's makers site. It should list maximum resolution. Good luck!

0 Likes

Thanks for your response.

I am using HP Elitebook 850 laptop. The maximum resolution for the laptop listed in the specs is 1920x1080. It has a display port to connect to external screens.

Isn't the maximum usable resolution is dependent on the screen as well as the graphic card? For example, if I connect this laptop to an old screen (or an overhead projector) that supports only up to 1024x768, that is the maximum resolution I can use. So I was wondering that if I connect it to a higher resolution screen (say 4K) using the display port, will I be able to use higher resolution.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

yes but many specs will give the external maximum resolution too.

0 Likes

What revision of the 850 there is G1 - G4?

If it is a G4 Maximum resolution is

DisplayPort 1.2

Resolutions up to 4096 x 2304 at 60 Hz supported

---------

G2 & G3

DisplayPort

Supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

-------

G1 is limited to 

1280x1024

0 Likes

Thanks a lot. This helps.