cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Crash

I have been having a blast playing Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. I have put around 10 hours in and have had a good time. I ran SFC in CMD just because I had not run it in quite some time. SFC found and repaired corrupt files and just for good measure I ran it again. I ran DISM in POWERSHELL too just to be sure everything was on the up and up. Everything came up clean with no corruption.

Today there was an update pushed out around 7 AM CDT for Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. I also noticed a Windows update needed to be done so I downloaded and installed the update. I restarted, and let the updater run it's course. My desktop loaded and all of my startup items loaded in like they normally do. This is Discord, Steam, HWinfo64, iCue, Logitech G Hub, and Razer's software. 

I launched the game and had an issue I had previously run into and worked around by alt tabbing and then clicking on the game. This time it didn't work. The problem is low FPS where it should be pumping out triple the frames I was getting. I fixed it by switching to "Exclusive Fullscreen" then back to "Fullscreen". I thought to myself "issue resolved". As I played it seemed normal.

I finished the mission with the costume party. I started the call with MJ. I was swinging to the next mission and the screen froze. My RGB in my rig froze. I thought "Okay just a hiccup, it will skip forward and fix itself". I waited and my screen went black, then to desktop with a window telling me there was a crash and an error DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG. I tried to click okay but my mouse would not move. My system was frozen again. I tried hitting alt tab to see if I could switch applications. This didn't work.

I then hit CTRL+ALT+DEL. Still my system was freezing then unfreezing. After about 60 seconds I was finally given the options given when you press that key combination. I click open task manager. The mouse runs fine in task manager. I was able to click okay on the Sony crash window and the Sony report window, and then my screen started to artifact. It quickly fixed itself like the drivers restarted. 

This is odd because I have made it 50% through the game with little to no issues before, and I have never experienced artifacting with this setup. I used the bug report tool provided by AMD and I hope verifying the game files fixed my issue as I can't think of anything else that may have caused it.

Here are my specs: 

• MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi,
  • Ryzen 7 3700X,
  • 32GB RAM 3200Mhz,
  • Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC,
  • WD Black SN750 1TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD (Game Drive),
  • Crucial P2 500GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD (Boot drive),
  • Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD (Game Drive),
  • Corsair RM850x 850 Watt Fully Modular PSU
    Adrenaline 22.8.2

My thermals were all within spec. CPU, GPU, Memory Junction, GPU Hotspot, DIMMS 1-4, Drives, VRM, Chipset, everything is where it should be. 

cpurpe91_0-1662702391153.png

cpurpe91_1-1662702415564.png

cpurpe91_2-1662702456536.png

cpurpe91_3-1662702485526.png

cpurpe91_4-1662702530073.png

cpurpe91_5-1662702548329.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

To rule out a hardware failure I ran Time Spy Extreme stress test at 4k and did not experience any crashes or performance drops. I am running Port Royale stress test now to verify 100% that I don't have a hardware issue. Hopefully the crash while playing Spider-Man was just a one off because of a software conflict that crashed my drivers. I will post again if I experience anything out of the ordinary. Fingers crossed I don't.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Port Royale stress test went through without any issues so I feel like the crash had to be a one off. 

0 Likes