cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KGBswy
Journeyman III

Marginal Perfomance Report in every game (5700xt gpu)

This is unbelievable. Especially for shooter games. In-game I have like 200-300 fps but the performance report in the amd software adrenalin is like "Marginal" and it shows me around 55 fps.

0 Likes
3 Replies
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Turn off the upgrade advisor. If the card is otherwise working, leave it be. If not, try driver 20.8.3, using DDU first in safe mode. The FPS report post game is reading the last FPS reading polled, so if it was a game's menu that would be why the FPS is reading low. Example is FarCry5 or NewDawn, getting 100-140 FPS in game, after it reads 77-95 as the average. Makes no sense unless you factor in the last reading on the exit screen.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
caspersnip26
Journeyman III

Hi,if you stay in main menu game for some time,the amd software count that too and give lower general fps.it's why i presume cause got similiar result with my rx590.

The previous answer is a possibility too,may the 2 are combined who knows.

0 Likes

Yes, if you stay in the game menu AMD's software is counting the FPS there as well as in game. Like I said, if the card is performing fine in game, who cares what the software claims is "marginal"? You can select "control+alt+o" in game for the overlay that shows the FPS, GPU usage, CPU usage, RAM, VRAM, etc. If all that is ok, you're fine.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes