cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

elstaci
MVP

Re: Many Issues with AMD ASUS Dual RX 580 8GB - windows 10 start freeze?? HELP!!?

@kingfish      

Thank you.

So you can't install any AMD graphics with both Legacy and GPU Graphics on the same PC.  I know some laptop models have both Legacy APU with a supported GPU card but not sure if a workaround was found to be able to install the latest AMD driver with a legacy APU installed in previous AMD threads.

EDIT: If you can't use your RX580 because you can't disable the Integrated Graphics you can always replace and install a regular CPU from Asus Support Motherboard CPU SUPPORT LIST: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/A88XMA/HelpDesk_CPU/

Screenshot 2021-02-04 175248.png

You motherboard supports the Athlon 2 and Athlon 4 processors that doesn't have integrated Graphics but most likely, like your APU, it will throttle the RX580 performance since it is considered to be a weak CPU compared to the RX580.

In another words, your processor won't allow the RX580 to work at peak performance since it won't be able to keep up with the RX580.

If you can afford it it is best to upgrade your entire PC so that it can use a much more powerful CPU.

0 Likes
sulthanali23
Adept I

Re: Many Issues with AMD ASUS Dual RX 580 8GB - windows 10 start freeze?? HELP!!?

here below are the bios settings for graphic and boot options, but i dont see how can i disable the integrated graphic card,

for the option go to safe mode, i downloaded both rx580 drivers - link given by @elstaci & driver of integrated graphic card, then i connect direct connector dvi-d to dvi-d rx580 to monitor, then i try to enter safe mode first try start windows block before pc off, second try i try to off pc before freeze, nothing, i try 4timesx3 but nothing, i think i cant get access on safe mode this way, windows just freeze before going to option safe mode? why? what can i do to enter that safe mode?
so what can u advice me?

001.jpeg002.jpeg003.jpegCURRENT SETUP!!CURRENT SETUP!!005.jpeg006.jpeg007.jpeg008.jpeg009.jpeg

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

You don't have to update the internal card....your supposed to be disabling it. You are saying that you have two (2) rx580's in crossfire?

The Asus bios tool looks exactly like most bios's and has the same setting......I would say your out of luck and need a new processor.

kingfish
MVP

You keep saying "dual RX580"....do you mean you have two (2) RX580's in crossfire? Please explain.

0 Likes
sulthanali23
Adept I

hello, i read all the message very carefully,
@kingfish @elstaci 
kingly note that it is a single graphic card - ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-Fan OC Edition (its the name of the card which confuses)
before i tell my client/friend to buy the rx 580 - i did a build with A10-7850K & gtx 1650 super i didn't get any issues, a8 series are a lower brand but its quiet the same thing? i verify on the net they tell u A8-5600K with RX 580 is compatible - just it will bottleneck 40% but it will work, why for me its not working?
@kingfish u told me to verify if there is a pcie option - there is on bios, i have also the option of legacy & uefi (as shown in pictures)
try to verify, what i can do more? maybe the setup of boot isn't correct? plze let me know - i really need that rx 580 run - its very important, i have been with athlon, phenom, apu & now my current is ryzen 7 2700k, - am always with AMD - yes not too much with graphic card - but i am currently using for the first time a radeon card - the famous 5700 XT, this A8-5600K with RX 580 - its for an excellent friend - who is a bit poor so i really want to make him happy and make him enjoy the 1080P resolution.
plze help guys - if it will take time for u guys ok - i will wait - if it take 1week to have a solution - i will wait

& yes thanks for all the support.

kingfish
MVP

Here are a couple of long shots:

1. Remove the CMOS battery for about 3-5 minutes...replace.

2. Remove RX580...restart

3. Run DDU in safe mode...remove all AMD and possible Nvidia graphics.

4. Use UEFI

sulthanali23
Adept I

ok i will try thanks let u know what happen @kingfish @elstaci