cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sulthanali23
Adept I

Many Issues with AMD ASUS Dual RX 580 8GB - windows 10 start freeze?? HELP!!?

Hello, I got a build-upgrade to do, I have been getting lots of issues,
The PC is about 6-7years ago, all parts were working correctly, then they decided to upgrade the pc,
with RX 580, 5rgb fan, cpu cooler, new gaming case & new psu new thermal paste

AMD APU-A8-5600K
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition (upgraded)

mobo : asus a88xm-a

thermal paste : Artic MX4 (upgraded)

32GB DDR3 2133mhz Hyper X Fury

ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition (upgraded)

psu : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 - V2 (Full Modular) (upgraded)

new case : MasterBox MB520 (upgraded)

windows 10 pro ver19..... x64 with licence - samsung ssd 860 evo 1tb + 2x seagate 2tb-2tb 3.5

i didn't install new windows, i run the old one which was install by me, 1year back, windows working fine!

total of 8rgb cooler master fan with 4pin &controller (upgraded)

I removed & clean mobo, add new thermal paste then cooler, then start building the pc....

The pc were using integrated graphic via vga, first issue - no vga connection on rx 580, i used a vga-hdmi cable when i tested it for Christmas - no display - even bios no!
then i removed the rx580 - all works fine, tests & benchmark were excellent, i updated the bios and all drivers via driver booster, i try to install adrenaline 20[i try the previous one same thing], but windows told me can't install, no driver detected, i copy the cd installation on a pen, try to install the driver install then freezes at around 75%-80% [note rx580 wasn't connected], then i decided to take an screen with dvi-d to connect the rx580, gud news - shows bios, after checking bios with no mods, pc restart, stuck on windows start!!

bios - swith pcie from legacy to uefi - then vis versa but no change??

try to search but i did get any help online, what is the problem? do i have to install driver first? & what is the issue??? help plze WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 17.58.17.jpeg

0 Likes
16 Replies

First: you need to use an "ACTIVE" HD HDMI>VGA Adapter for your VGA Monitor to have video.

Second: it is very risky using a 3rd party Driver Updater because it might install the wrong driver in your computer causing it to crash.

Download the latest AMD Driver from AMD Download page from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Third: I would reset your BIOS back to factory default by doing a CMOS CLEAR (removing battery - check with manual).

Fourth: Make sure you have the PCIe GPU Power cable connected from the PSU to the GPU card.

Fifth: Use the following procedure to install the AMD Driver:

Download and use DDU in Safe Mode (Best Method) or Windows Desktop with the Internet disconnected.

Delete the AMD installation folder at C:\AMD

After DDU finishes and reboots back into Windows Desktop, still with the internet disconnected, install the downloaded FULL AMD Driver package.

If successful, reconnect the internet and again delete C:\AMD Folder.

NOTE: If you get stuck on the Windows logon,  Restart your computer 3 times consecutively when the Windows Logon appears. By the 3rd time Windows  will take you to Diagnostic where you can select Troubleshooting and then click on "Startup Repairs".

After it finishes see if it boots into Windows.

0 Likes

Hello, thanks for the long advice will follow it very carefully and will let u know

for amd graphic installation i use manual way to install drivers, dont use any third apps,
PCIe GPU Power cable connected - as light r white and when start pc fan start spinning then later off,
already uses DDU - but didnt use in safe mode with internet off, will try ur method and soon get back to u

yes i have one question before i follow ur advice :
can-i use dvi-d connection instead of hdmi-vga with activator?? as the dvi-d seems to be ok as its grasphic to screen

Thanks

Regards,

Muhammad Ali

0 Likes

DVI is fine if your monitor supports it directly.

It is better to use a direct cable connection then to use a Adapter in most cases.

Also don't forget to delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD. Deleting this folder can prevent conflicts when you install the new AMD Driver package.

The reason why it is best to have the internet disconnected is because before you install the AMD Driver, Windows will automatically install it own AMD driver which can be older than the one you are installing.

Also in the past it has been noted in AMD Wattman to set your Power to 50% to make some RX580 GPU cards to become more stable and not crash and use a more aggressive Fan curve also in Wattman.

0 Likes

thanks for the quick reply, sorry to bother u that late i have a last question :
i have to use ddu to uninstall the amd integrated graphic driver? as there are no other nvidia or amd driver install on! and installation - i have to install it on ddu or as i do manual installation? - as ddu i used it only once - dont know too much of it only uninstallation of amd driver.

yes this monitor have a dvi-d connector same on the rx580 card, it connect directly

0 Likes

Are you also using a APU (processor with Integrated Graphics)? If so, the Make & Model of your processor.

When DDU removes the current AMD Driver and you boot up into Windows Desktop you will have video because Windows will install its own MS Basic Display Adapter. In Windows Setting you can increase the Resolution higher than the default Resolution which is low.

Now you can install the AMD driver.

DDU will remove all AMD drivers for both the Integrated and Rx580. If you have a Supported AMD APU with Integrated Graphics then the new AMD driver should install both at the same time.

That is why I need to know what processor you have installed.

0 Likes

AMD APU-A8-5600K - INTEGRATED GRAPHIC RADEON HD 7560D
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition (upgraded)

ram : 32GB DDR3 2133mhz Hyper X Fury

ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition (upgraded)

psu : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 - V2 (Full Modular) (upgraded)

WHAT I HAVE UNDERSTAND I WILL HAVE TO :
GO TO SAFE MODE WITHOUT INTERNET - THEN USE DDU FOR : (Uninstall)
1. Uninstall - RX 580 DRIVERS (IF THERE IS ANY) THEN
2. Uninstall - INTEGRATED GRAPHIC DRIVERS

THEN AFTER, WILL HAVE TO : 
1. INSTALL RX580 DRIVERS NOT ONLY THAT BUT I HAVE TO :
2. INSTALL INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD
KINDLY NOTE THAT I WILL BE USING DVI-D CONNECTOR FROM RX580 TO MONITOR; MEANS THAT I WILL NOT BE CONNECTING ANYTHING TO MOTHERBOARD TO MONITOR, SO I WONT BE USING INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD, EVEN THAT I WILL HAVE TO INSTALL THE INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD - THIS IS WHAT I HAVE UNDERSTAND

THANKS FOR UR HELP

0 Likes

Hey, Sorry that I missed that on your original post. I am a little tired so not at alert as I should be.

Your APU is not supported by AMD Driver updates anymore. So any AMD driver newer than March 2016 will be incompatible with your APU Integrated Graphics: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-desktops/a8-5600k-rad...

Plus the last APU AMD Driver (3/2016) doesn't support the RX580 GPU card.

Not sure if you disable in BIOS your Integrated Graphics and make your RX580 solely as your Main Display Adapter whether your latest AMD Driver will work correctly without conflict with your disable APU integrated Graphics.

Maybe @kingfish might know if you can install the latest GPU card AMD Driver with a legacy APU integrated Graphics.

I  do remember something about having a Legacy GPU with a Supported GPU in the same PC but I don't remember if you can update the driver or not.

If you would have a Non_APU processor then there wouldn't be any problems updating and installing the latest AMD  Driver.

0 Likes

AMD APU-A8-5600K - INTEGRATED GRAPHIC RADEON HD 7560D
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition (upgraded)

ram : 32GB DDR3 2133mhz Hyper X Fury

ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition (upgraded)

psu : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 - V2 (Full Modular) (upgraded)

WHAT I HAVE UNDERSTAND I WILL HAVE TO :
GO TO SAFE MODE WITHOUT INTERNET - THEN USE DDU FOR : (Uninstall)
1. Uninstall - RX 580 DRIVERS (IF THERE IS ANY) THEN
2. Uninstall - INTEGRATED GRAPHIC DRIVERS

THEN AFTER, WILL HAVE TO : 
1. INSTALL RX580 DRIVERS NOT ONLY THAT BUT I HAVE TO :
2. INSTALL INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD
KINDLY NOTE THAT I WILL BE USING DVI-D CONNECTOR FROM RX580 TO MONITOR; MEANS THAT I WILL NOT BE CONNECTING ANYTHING TO MOTHERBOARD TO MONITOR, SO I WONT BE USING INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD, EVEN THAT I WILL HAVE TO INSTALL THE INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD - THIS IS WHAT I HAVE UNDERSTAND

QUESTION : IT WONT BE POSSIBLE NOT DISABLE THE INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD?? SO IF I DISABLE THE INTEGRATED GRAPHIC I WILL NOT HAVE TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS?
TRYING TO MESSAGE @kingfish BUT CANT SEE WERE TO MESSAGE HIM, WILL U BE ABLE TOMORROW TO ASK HIM PLZE??

THANKS FOR UR HELP

0 Likes

You can try going into the bios...look for display/graphics/something like that. If the option is there, disable the switchable/dynamic function and change it to the PCIE graphics. If this option is not there...nothing to be done.

@kingfish      

Thank you.

So you can't install any AMD graphics with both Legacy and GPU Graphics on the same PC.  I know some laptop models have both Legacy APU with a supported GPU card but not sure if a workaround was found to be able to install the latest AMD driver with a legacy APU installed in previous AMD threads.

EDIT: If you can't use your RX580 because you can't disable the Integrated Graphics you can always replace and install a regular CPU from Asus Support Motherboard CPU SUPPORT LIST: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/A88XMA/HelpDesk_CPU/

Screenshot 2021-02-04 175248.png

You motherboard supports the Athlon 2 and Athlon 4 processors that doesn't have integrated Graphics but most likely, like your APU, it will throttle the RX580 performance since it is considered to be a weak CPU compared to the RX580.

In another words, your processor won't allow the RX580 to work at peak performance since it won't be able to keep up with the RX580.

If you can afford it it is best to upgrade your entire PC so that it can use a much more powerful CPU.

0 Likes

here below are the bios settings for graphic and boot options, but i dont see how can i disable the integrated graphic card,

for the option go to safe mode, i downloaded both rx580 drivers - link given by @elstaci & driver of integrated graphic card, then i connect direct connector dvi-d to dvi-d rx580 to monitor, then i try to enter safe mode first try start windows block before pc off, second try i try to off pc before freeze, nothing, i try 4timesx3 but nothing, i think i cant get access on safe mode this way, windows just freeze before going to option safe mode? why? what can i do to enter that safe mode?
so what can u advice me?

001.jpeg002.jpeg003.jpegCURRENT SETUP!!CURRENT SETUP!!005.jpeg006.jpeg007.jpeg008.jpeg009.jpeg

0 Likes

You don't have to update the internal card....your supposed to be disabling it. You are saying that you have two (2) rx580's in crossfire?

The Asus bios tool looks exactly like most bios's and has the same setting......I would say your out of luck and need a new processor.

You keep saying "dual RX580"....do you mean you have two (2) RX580's in crossfire? Please explain.

0 Likes

hello, i read all the message very carefully,
@kingfish @elstaci 
kingly note that it is a single graphic card - ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-Fan OC Edition (its the name of the card which confuses)
before i tell my client/friend to buy the rx 580 - i did a build with A10-7850K & gtx 1650 super i didn't get any issues, a8 series are a lower brand but its quiet the same thing? i verify on the net they tell u A8-5600K with RX 580 is compatible - just it will bottleneck 40% but it will work, why for me its not working?
@kingfish u told me to verify if there is a pcie option - there is on bios, i have also the option of legacy & uefi (as shown in pictures)
try to verify, what i can do more? maybe the setup of boot isn't correct? plze let me know - i really need that rx 580 run - its very important, i have been with athlon, phenom, apu & now my current is ryzen 7 2700k, - am always with AMD - yes not too much with graphic card - but i am currently using for the first time a radeon card - the famous 5700 XT, this A8-5600K with RX 580 - its for an excellent friend - who is a bit poor so i really want to make him happy and make him enjoy the 1080P resolution.
plze help guys - if it will take time for u guys ok - i will wait - if it take 1week to have a solution - i will wait

& yes thanks for all the support.

Here are a couple of long shots:

1. Remove the CMOS battery for about 3-5 minutes...replace.

2. Remove RX580...restart

3. Run DDU in safe mode...remove all AMD and possible Nvidia graphics.

4. Use UEFI

ok i will try thanks let u know what happen @kingfish @elstaci