cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kristy60
Journeyman III

Main display using Radeon(TM) Graphics instead of graphics card while HDMI display using card

Hi. I have an AMD Radeon RX 5600M and a AMD Ryzen 7 4800H. I'm also running on a laptop. I have my laptop screen and an HDMI monitor. My laptop screen is about 144 Hz while my monitor is about 60 Hz. When I go to my graphics settings, it says that my main display (144 Hz) is using AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics, while my monitor (60Hz) is using the graphics card, my Radeon RX 5600M. 

From my understanding, the AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics are the integrated graphics and are not as strong as the graphics card, which I would like to use for my main display. Unless this is not the case and they are in fact the same or the difference is negligible, I would like to know if there is a way I can make my main display use my graphics card. I have looked at many different solutions and looked all around the settings but was not able to find a clear way to switch them. One solution included disabling the integrated graphics which I would prefer not to do because that sounds problematic. Does anyone have any way to switch these things? Thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies