Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Anonymous
Not applicable

MacBook Pro 16 5300m game scaling

Hello

Do we have an ETA on when AMD / Apple will be releasing a new version of the Radeon Pro Setting drivers for the MacBook Pro 16 5300m and 5500m graphics chip?   The 20/11/2019 drivers (UK date format) have scaling issues in pretty much every game when running fullscreen (I know the workarounds for some games with borderless window settings).

I note a new unified V3 driver was released on 23/3/2020 for older Macs so curious if MacBook Pro 16 users are going to receive an update shortly hopefully fixing this annoying issue?

Thanks

Peter

2 Replies

Mac drivers are released by Apple not AMD. AMD hosts the drivers as a courtesy but are in fact the same drivers you get from Apple. This goes for both the OSX and Bootcamp drivers. Plus asking here is asking other users as this is a USER TO USER forum only not AMD support. So you can contact AMD Support here if you like: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I would highly suggest you also contact Apple support and post in their forum. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Looks like someone has figured out a work around for the scaling issue with genuine AMD drivers, albeit not the actual 5300m / 5500m drivers.  They are using the new 5600m drivers via a manual install.  I've replicated this and they do work.  My device manager is showing a 5600m and no AMD Radeon Pro setting software but full screen Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Crysis 3 at 1900 x 1200 resolution and high settings on a 5300m.  Use at your own peril but surely better than using some unofficial driver?  I'm some sure someone won't agree  but link below if your interested:

New official boot camp driver for 5600M and (5500M*) | BootCampDrivers.com forum 

Come on AMD, get your act together on drivers and update the 5300m ones to offer full screen lower resolution.  Apple say its AMD who issue these not Apple so balls in your court!

Regards

Peter

0 Likes