Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

d-n-s
Journeyman III

Low performance with second screen video

Hello,

I got two RX580 8Gb in Crossfire and have two Displays attached to the master card. One with DP and one with DIV.

When Im only playing games performance is fine and as expexted. As soon as I start a videostream on the second montior (DIV) my gaming performance dorps about 70%.

What I notice is that both cards run under full load with around 100W power consumption each, as soon as a Video is played on the second display, the pwoer consumption drops to 40W each. When I move the Window with the video to the primary display (DP), it all is running normal. Power Limit on both cards is set to +50%.

I can't seem to find a solution for this issue.

HDCP,  GPU scaling and Virtual Superresolution is turned of for both displays, Vsync ist turned off for gaming.

Corsair RX750 PSU

Ryzen 5 2600X (no oc)

ASUS ROG B450-F

2x16GB G.Skill Ram

2x Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 8GB (no oc)

Crucial 500gb SSD M.2

Primary Display: Samsung U28E590 4k Display connected via DP, FreeSync on

Secondary Display: Samsung Syncmaster 1080p Display connected via DIV

0 Likes
1 Solution
d-n-s
Journeyman III

After turning off FreeSync for the Primary Display, Gaming performance returned to normal, with no impact when running a video on the second screen. Power draw also returned to normal levels for gaming.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
d-n-s
Journeyman III

After turning off FreeSync for the Primary Display, Gaming performance returned to normal, with no impact when running a video on the second screen. Power draw also returned to normal levels for gaming.

0 Likes