Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ryan9018
Journeyman III

Low fps with RX 5700XT

Hi Guys,

Currently pulling my hair out trying to sort this so I thought I'd ask for some help!

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 5700XT

RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz in dual channel   

I've been trying to run games like Assassins Creed Unity and Assassins Creed Origins but I can't get either of them to work at a playable frame rate. Research online shows that people with the same specs can run these games on ultra with upwards of 90fps, I struggle to get 50 on low with Origins.

I get the feeling that my PC is dramatically underperforming and I can't figure out why.

Any advice?

I'm on the latest Adrenalin drivers and I installed these after first running DDU to remove my old graphics drivers.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
dstmnd89x
Challenger

This first thing I would do is make sure your power supply is able to give the card enough juice; recommended is 600-650W. I'd also make sure that any games you try are up to date and post-process mods are unloaded. The only reason I mention this is because I am constantly forgetting about 3rd party add-ons being active.

You could also try some custom graphics settings... start with full resolution and no AA to start. The card should be able to run anything full resolution so that's what I'd recommend. Certain image sharpening and post process technologies will impact overall performance, sometimes greatly, so tinkering might pay off. If you still can't get it working right, try it in another machine (if available) or submit a support ticket online.

0 Likes